good travel reward card

Dlynn

Is the RCCL Visa a good travel reward program? I had read on a post a while back that there were better travel reward cards. I searched for the post but couldn't find it. Any information will be appreciated.

It's hard to beat those FREE 7 night cruises for 2 people when you redeem 125,000 points. We each have a card so that while we're accumlating points for the free cruise on one card we're also building enough for at least a $500 coupon on one of our other cruises for the year.

Is the RCCL Visa a good travel reward program? I had read on a post a while back that there were better travel reward cards. I searched for the post but couldn't find it. Any information will be appreciated.

Looks to me like you are basically getting a 1% rebate (which you have to use on RCCL) and thats kind of the minimum for most any other "rewards" card.

Looks to me like you are basically getting a 1% rebate (which you have to use on RCCL) and thats kind of the minimum for most any other "rewards" card.

Actually, a lot of the free cruises, upgrades & companion fare specials are 2%. Just redeemed for a free cruise for 2 and the actual percentage was about 2.2% due to double points on RCI purchases.

Gregg

Actually, a lot of the free cruises, upgrades & companion fare specials are 2%. Just redeemed for a free cruise for 2 and the actual percentage was about 2.2% due to double points on RCI purchases.

Gregg

This got me curious, so I did some math...

We've always redeemed our point for 2% rewards as well. Once I calculated $$ spent for the points, our return is 3.298%, which I think is great. That includes the bonus points for opening the card and a lot of RCCL double points.

I like our RCCL Visa, but we also have a Delta AmEx and and Alaska Airlines Visa. We get our double points whenever we can and have used milage for 8 free flights in the past year.

This got me curious, so I did some math...

We've always redeemed our point for 2% rewards as well. Once I calculated $$ spent for the points, our return is 3.298%, which I think is great. That includes the bonus points for opening the card and a lot of RCCL double points.

I like our RCCL Visa, but we also have a Delta AmEx and and Alaska Airlines Visa. We get our double points whenever we can and have used milage for 8 free flights in the past year.

You got me curious because my percentage was on total money charged. Since I am reimbursed for company business expenses I was curious what my actual out-of-pocket cost was. I only charged $38,000+ personally (which isn't hard when I charge just about everything) and the rest was double points or business. That would bring my return up to 6.5%. If you could use your card for nothing but business, your return could be huge.

Gregg

I like our Chase Rewards Visa, have cashed in a number of free flights and does not have to be a certain airline, and no blackout dates

I'm gonna me-too the Chase card. Although my Chase card is specific to Onepass, those miles sure add up quickly.

Thank you for the information. I have a Chase Rewards Card but I only get information on redeeming the points for retail stores and restaurants. I need to call. Maybe I can change to the travel reward card. Thanks.

Thank you for the information. I have a Chase Rewards Card but I only get information on redeeming the points for retail stores and restaurants. I need to call. Maybe I can change to the travel reward card. Thanks.

My chase card atm/card also gives points for using the debit portion of the card also.

Archived