Noordam cabin question

jmk22574

My husband and I were hoping to book an SY or SZ verandah suite on the Noordam this September to Alaska. Unfortunately, all the suites in these categories were sold out. We booked a specific VA cabin instead and are very happy with the location, etc. My TA said that she would put us on a waitlist in the event one of the suites should become available. My question is, would this most likely happen around the time final payment is due for our cruise (July 3rd I believe) since that's when some people may tend to cancel? Would there be any other reason these suites may become available between now and the cruise? Just curious to hear from experienced cruisers how likely you feel our chances of paying for this change will be. I think this is considered an upsell??? ;)

My question is, would this most likely happen around the time final payment is due for our cruise (July 3rd I believe) since that's when some people may tend to cancel? Would there be any other reason these suites may become available between now and the cruise? Just curious to hear from experienced cruisers how likely you feel our chances of paying for this change will be. I think this is considered an upsell??? ;)
Yes, the chance of an SY/SZ opening up will be best just after the final payment date, but your chance of getting one will depend on how long the waiting list was when you joined it. Did your TA give you any indication?

Thanks jtl....my TA seems to be pretty on top of things, I'll have to ask her how far back on the "waitlist" we are. The suites sure do seem to be popular, especially on the Alaskan itineraries. :rolleyes:

we are booked on the same cruise (9/23) in an SS guarantee -- last year this sailing ran a special and the SS' wee about the same price as the balcony cabins. we booked our cabin about a year ago and could only get the guarantee at that time. I actually would prefer a BA aft cabin -- but they were more expensive at the time. I am sure some will open up once final payment is due.

Hi Mina....wanna switch cabins?? :D Okay, probably not. We were originally booked on the Oosterdam to Alaska May 5th in an SY cabin, but unfortunately we had to cancel that trip and the only other time we could rebook for this season was the Noordam on 9/23. There weren't any suites available so we went for the next best thing - the VA cabin. I'll be happy regardless, it would just be fun to have the opportunity to pay more to "move up."

I just want to push the "fast-forward" button to about September 21st or so....;)

I don't get the suite thing.. I was once on Carnival's mini suite.. so I get the extra room.. BUT if you are only two people.. I honestly think the VA staterooms have MORE than enough room.. And as far as clothes space.. I could not believe the room.. Only been on two other ships.. Carnival and NCL.. On NCL .. you need more room as their best stateroom.. feels way too cramped.. I wanted to cry.. but Carnival been on twice.. reg. stateroom and mini suite.. both were fine for two mini suite and three in stateroom..

Archived