Table Size Help Please!!

bozza

We've had both - large tables and smaller ones and have enjoyed both.

One thing you might want to think about: I don't find dining in the main dining room particularly romantic... too much of a din! If we want to have a special/quiet evening we book an evening at Chops.

• 2 weeks later...
I'd go with a larger table as you will meet several couples. If you want an evening alone, the romantic place is Chops or Portofino where you can have a private table for two. When we have been without kids we've been seated with other couples and when we are on holiday with the kids, we have had another family seated with us. Perhaps we have been fortunate but it has worked out nicely for us and we had a very enjoyable time meeting new table mates. No matter what you decide to do, you will have a great time on your cruise. Cheers. :)

We have a late seating scheduled and DH and I are planning on having the DD's (5 & 7) eat earlier at Windjammer's (of course with us watching) or with OA when they have a planned "pizza party" then DH and I would have our dinner, chatting with other adults. There may be one night that we would have the DD's join us at the late seating. My question is, do we show up at the main dining room with DD's on that one night and expect to be seated or will we encounter issues? How does the dining room handle a party going from 2 people to 4 people and then back to 2?

Thanks!!

We also prefer a large table..for us ideal is 8 people at a round table.

twice this past year I have been seated at a large oval table one with 12 people and one with 14 people..I did not like this large of a table and especially oval. If you are seating at one end your conversation is limited to the people on either side of you. It feels like you are at a smaller table as you cannot converse with the others at the other end.

At a round table it is easier to converse with others. We do try and rotate seats as well.

By the way I have always been blessed with pleasant and fun tablemates.

We also prefer a large table. So far after 26 cruises we've been lucky enough to have good tablemates.

Our attitude is we already know all of our own stories. Sitting at a large table, we get to tell them to people that have never heard them. And they get to tell us theirs.

Odds are your tablemates will take different excursions than you, so you can find out more about the port listening to their travels.

Since you do like talking to new people, try a table for 6 or 8 and see how you like it. If it doesn't work out, you should be able to change to another table.

The suggestion about linking with people you are talking to on your roll call is a good one. We've done it before and it works well.

Good Afternoon:

We very much enjoy a larger table. We have lucked out because all of our cruises we had great interesting people from all over the world. It is so interesting to sit with them every night and listen to their adventures and great to hear about everyone's different excursions.

We always get the email addresses of our table mates and keep in touch. We still are in touch with tablemates from our first cruise 10 years ago!

Enjoy your cruise whether you choose a large or table for two. You will still meet great people no matter what.

So if the reservations are linked there is a good chance that the dining arrangements will also be linked? I ask because a large group of family members are all attending a cruise this fall since a DS is getting married aboard and while we are all very social people and love to yak, we are coming from all over and would very much like to dine with each other since we don’t get to spend a great deal of quality time together.

Cyrra, I haven't read other posts, only your last one, but yes...that is the thing to do. Call Royal Caribbean and tell them that you would like your reservation linked with your friends & family so that you will be together or near each other at dinner. Someone gave you good advice. :)

Actually since its for a wedding we were told when we booked that we needed to give the bride's reservation number to the CS rep taking our individual reservations. She also has to turn in our passport ID numbers 45 days prior to boarding so that the official guest list can be verified I'm assuming.

Archived