Ecstasy Still in Port (sorta)

5String

I know the Ecstasy had their departure from Galveston delayed until 6:00A this morning due to some 'pre-announced' issues. With nothing better to do, I watched on the web cam this morning as they eased away from the dock about 6:06. It then backed up a ship length or so and as of an hour later, it's still sitting there (away from the dock). Curious. I guess that technically they are now at sea but the scenery isn't changing much. On the positive side, the waters are calm and no one should be sea sick.

Just as I posted the original message, I see that another Carnival ship is now docking where the Ecstasy was. I guess they weren't ready to leave yet and their parking space was needed by another ship.

I see that another Carnival ship is now docking where the Ecstasy was. I guess they weren't ready to leave yet and their parking space was needed by another ship.

That's the Conquest. She normally is parked in the front berth, and then the Rhapsody behind her. I happened to catch the Rhapsody coming in this morning and I wondered where she was going to go. I thought there was only room for 2 ships at a time, but I guess there's room for three, cause that's how many ships are there right now!

I wonder when the Ecstacy is going to get to leave? Hopefully they'll get the repairs done soon so the passengers can enjoy their cruise!

That always amazes me, too! I had never seen the ships dock, so on my first cruise on the Elation, I got up early just so I could see how they did it! I can barely back up my own personal vehicle, so I'm definitely impressed with the captain's ability to manuever a huge ship like that! This morning, the Rhapsody didn't turn when she came in, so she's berthed with her stern facing the camera. She'll have to do her turn when they set sail this afternoon.

DH just called from work and he said the Ecstasy is still in port (10:30 a.m. Sunday). Anyone heard anything? Are the passengers on board? DH said there was a huge crane by her yesterday evening around 7 p.m.

Once the Conquest docked this morning, the view of the Ecstasy from the web cam was blocked so you can't really see anything that may be going on. Just before the Conquest pulled in, the Ecstasy was still sitting about 20-30 feet away from the dock in the channel. Sorta like the airlines do it. Pull away from the gate and sit for hours and then you're trapped.

Archived