Norweigen or Princess Cruise Line for kids?

Luxuriate

We are very partial to Celebrity (cruised 5 times before we had our little boy). We were thinking of RCCL as they are owned by the same but also thought we should check out the competition. We have been on several cruiselines but never on Norweigen or Princess. What do you think in regards to a 4 year-old boy?

Thanks,

Cheryl

We have only cruised Princess in the past and loved it but it was before kids. For our cruise next Mar we chose NCL mainly because of the NY departure port and the fact that they allow ages 2+ in the kids program. Both lines have a flexible dining option which is nice with kids. I'd go with whichever you can find the better itinerary/price. Have fun!

you four year old will be happy in any of the youth programs- don't worry.

I have done NCL (four times) and have enjoyed the cruises. They are more casual and the food was good. Staterooms are smaller, with lower ceilings.

Celebrity is much nicer in terms of asthetics but you'll have fun on NCL.

• 3 months later...

The others are right when they say your son will enjoy any cruise you go on. If you have cruised previously with Celebrity and are happy with them why change? I know that Celebrity is my 11 y/o sons favorite cruise line and he's been on a lot of cruises. He likes that there are planned activities each day and night even if it's the first night of the cruise or a port day.

We sailed ncl and princess with my 2 boys - on ncl they were 11 and 6, and on princess they were 13 and 8...they both enjoyed ncl better. the people running the kids programs were younger and played more games with the kids, rather than just watching them play...we are trying rccl this year - hope they like it as much as ncl!

Archived