Noordam of Carribean Princess?

icecreammama

I am in the process of booking a cruise for May 2008. I already have a deposit on the Grand Suite on the Carribean Princess. The room is the biggest (over 1,ooo sq. feet) I've ever had. However, I have wanted to try HAL for a while. For the biggest suite on the boat, HAL is more expensive. Has anyone been in the suites on HAL? If so, are some bigger than others in the same categories? Also which do you think is the better line in terms of food, service, etc? Husband and I are in mid forties, will not be traveling with our children.

I have been in the Penthouse and every category of Suite on HAL and was in an SB last week for the second time. They amenities are superb, as well as the accomodation. There is no equivalent on Princess to the Neptune Lounge, which we use several times daily. Also, full suite guests on HAL are able to dine in the elegant Pinnacle Grille for breakfast, a delight and one which we enjoy regularly.

Add the complimentary laundry and dry cleaning, the large bathrooms and the wonderful service HAL provides and it is a great experience.

I have been aboard the Caribbean and she is a pretty ship but the sheer volume of people is a turn off in that amount of space. I would not choose to sail aboard.

I agree with caviargal. I've had suites on both the CP and the Noordam. I much prefer the overall experience on HA. Princess was simply too big for my taste. Also, when not traveling with our own children, we prefer the quieter experience on Holland America. The noise topside from the movie screen on the CP was annoying to many. My vote is the Noordam.

Archived