Crowne Plaza Seattle and Southwest Airline

gracekelley

Hey all you pros.....I just changed our hotel reservations that our TA had made. She booked us at Hotel Seattle on Seneca Street. She based it on its downtown location and good price....I couldn't find anyone on the board who had really heard of this hotel and only one time could I find a rating on line.....it was a 1 star hotel. I looked at previous posts and contacted Crowne Plaza and was pleased with my rate and went ahead and booked it. I hope its really ok...because these are non cancel reservations. You guys have always been right before so I am trusting you. We are also flying Southwest non stop from Nashville to Seattle....anyone else flown it....I read that they just serve a snack type meal. My husband is diabetic and we are thinking about taking something in our carry on for lunch...are there any suggestions for buying food at Nashville airport or should we just bring something from home? Sorry for all the questions...just getting excited and nervous for cruise to hurry up and get here. We are cruising Inside Passage on Sapphire Aug 29...anyone going? Thanks Grace

Southwest does serve snacks (peanuts, cookies or crackers for a longer flight and drinks). You can bring food on board without any problem. If you have any more SWA questions just ask (My DH works in Phoenix for SWA, loves his job!!)

Grace - You can now print your boarding document at 12:01 AM the day of your flight. Makes it very easy to get that "A" boarding group. :)

http://www.southwest.com/travel_center/retrieveCheckinDoc.html

If you have problems printing, you can still pick it up at the ticket counter when you arrive at the airport (I assume you may have luggage to check). And definitely pack some carry-on goodies - if the flight is over 3 hours you get a snackpack. Currently that has 6-pack peanutbutter crackers, 6-pack cookies, and small package of TeddiGrams. I have flown on two other carriers this summer on 3+ hour flights and only got a small bag of pretzels... or I could order a "takeout" type of meal for $7-$10.

THanks for the advice....what would planning a trip without this board be like?......I am terrified of flying but the folks at Southwest are great and I think the flight and I will be fine....3 Sundays from now I will know... :eek: .I will be in the air!!! Grace

Don't worry about SW they are great. They have some of the funniest stewards and stewardesses I have flown with. I agree with the others and would take a snack for your husband.

Your hotel is in a great location. Although I have never stayed there I have seen positive reviews on the board regarding it. It is very centally located. Relax and have fun. We'll be right behind you on the 5th sailing RCCL.

Sue

Archived