Pride of ALoha, America or Hawaii???

jetta2828

In doing my research for a Hawiian cruise, I realized that NCL has one of the best itineraries around. They ahve 3 ships that service Hawaii and the timing is great because I can only travel during the summer (teacher). My question is, which ship is best? I notice they all do the same itinerary, the only difference is the ship.

The other concern is the activity level on the ship. We did the NCL Sun to Alaska in 2006. The cruise was a wonderful experience and I did not have much to complain about. The only thing is that there were times when we were at sea and BORED!!!! My husband and I are in our late 20's and we really wished there was more action going on. though the childrens area for my son was great and filled with activities, we had sometimes wished we could be in that area becasue we would get bored...lol Hoep anyone has any advise towards which ship to take next year.

Thanks

Wendy

From what I understand the Aloha is the same ship as the Sun. With a couple of minor differences. I was on the Sun a couple of years ago.

We will be on the Aloha in August. I also liked the Aloha itinerary better.

FB

The other concern is the activity level on the ship. We did the NCL Sun to Alaska in 2006. The cruise was a wonderful experience and I did not have much to complain about. The only thing is that there were times when we were at sea and BORED!!!!

Thanks

Wendy

In Hawaii, on the Pride of America next year, you will be in port every day. No sea days on her 7 day itinerary.

On the Pride of Aloha next year, the itinerary has been changed to 10-11 days. There will be some overnights in ports, but there will be two sea days.

I suggest you book the Pride of America.

How do you know the itinerary already for next year???? I tried to find info about next year cruises and nothing......

Since NCLA changed the Aloha's seven day itinerary this fall, I assume it will remain the same after April 2008. And since NCLA has not changed the America's seven day itinerary, assume it will remain the same too next summer. I could be wrong, but I do not see NCLA running two ships from one port with the same itinerary. I think its best to mix the itineraries up.

I just returned from the Pride of America and had a fantasic time! Would do it again in a heartbeat!:) I'm in the process of writing my review and hope to submit it my the end of the week.

We just finished the Pride of America cruise (14-21 April). With over 100 hours of port time, you will rarely be on the ship to get bored. The ship is in great shape (less than 2 years old) and the crew is great. Don't count on alot of ship board activities as this cruise is geared towards excursions.

I did the Pride of America last year with my daughter and wife, and I am taking three friends along with my son and daughter and wife this June to do the Pride of Aloha.

The Pride of America had its shortcomings. The first four days we had no pineapple (no pineapple? In Hawaii? Yep!). But we had a fantastic time. The food was good, the crew was wonderful. The Hula Lessons were a big hit with the girls, and obviously I liked it enough to book the Pride of Aloha this year.

NCLA does not appeal to people who love traditional cruising. Traditional cruising (perhaps that element that you referred to as BORING) is where you have your own table, you eat in the dining room every night, you attend formal night in tux and tails, and you enjoy a lot of sea days. NCLA is in port every day. Sea time is at night. The cruise is more like a floating hotel (you'll see that accurate portrayal on here more than once) and the crew are American and some have criticized them as not being appropriately deferential and service oriented. We had a bad, paid no attention to the crew, went to see the islands, not the ship, and had a great time.

If it was your first time, I'd book the Pride of America. Don't book the Pride of Hawaii because it is being taken out of Hawaiian service after this year.

Enjoy your cruise!

We just finished the Pride of America cruise (14-21 April). With over 100 hours of port time, you will rarely be on the ship to get bored. The ship is in great shape (less than 2 years old) and the crew is great. Don't count on alot of ship board activities as this cruise is geared towards excursions.

Just read your review on the Pride of America cabin category BI. We've booked our upcoming cruise in this same category. Could you let me know about your cabin and balcony. Especially, the view with the lifeboats so close by. Thanks.

Archived