Triumph or Glory??

danyelle

My boyfriend (30) and I (25) are planning on taking my brother (11) on a cruise before school starts in September. This is my brother's first cruise and our first Carnival cruise. (RCCL and NCL in the past)

Carnival Triumph and Carnival Glory are the front runners due to the low cost for a suite. Cost is practically the same, and itinerary doesn't much matter to us.

Which ship do you this is a better option for our group?

Are the kids clubs the same on these ships?

All things being the same, which would you choose?

Thanks for any insight!

Danyelle

My take, based on what you have posted...

If itinerary doesn't matter, and the price is about the same, take the Glory. It's a newer ship than the Triumph, and has a newer "feel" than the Triumph. The Kids Club is larger (even though the programming on both ships is the same). Embarkation/Debarkation in Port Canaveral is more efficient and organized than Miami (even though Miami may be a bit faster in SOME cases). Since this is your first run on CCL, first impressions are important, and I would rather tell someone to try our CCL out of Port Canaveral before Miami because it's not crazy at the docks. Availability of cheaper flights in/out of Orlando compared to FLL/MIA may be part of your decision makers as well (but book it soon, as planes are filling up for the summer!).

If itinerary was the deciding factor, I guess my tune would change. If heading east, I would take the Triumph as I like that itinerary better than the Glory. Going west, I would take the Glory.

Don't just take my word on it... others will have their own opinion, so read up as much as you can. I'm actually glad you posted this as I just got off the Glory in January and will be going on the Triumph in June. Maybe when I get back I will have different thoughts :)

Joe

I've been on both ships, if the price is the same I would choose the Glory. I personally just liked it better we liked the clubs and the piano bar. But I think there is no wrong choice both are great ships an d a lot of fun.

what will airfare run to either port. Glory leaves from Port Canveral and the TRiumph leaves from Miami.

Have you checked the pricing for the Liberty we have a group sailing on August 26th from Fort Lauderdale.

check the pricing in the signature.

Too funny - I was considering posting this exact question today. I'm planning to take my 10 year old DS on a cruise in Sept - and since first choice RCCL Freedom of the Seas is too expensive, I'm trying to decide between Glory or Triumph. Triumph is cheaper and has a great itinerary - private island Half Moon Cay and also Grand Turk, which has its own pool and beach, so no excursion fees at those two ports. But Glory is newer, has a little bit better reviews, and most importantly, is only an hour drive away.

My son has only been on one cruise - 4 night Sensation - and loved it. He liked the pool slide but was underwhelmed by the size of the pool. He loved the arcade, but wished it were bigger. He liked Camp Carnival alot, but wanted more activities for his age. LOL, guess he likes bigger and better.

What to do, what to do?

I've been on both, and I would do the Glory if all else were equal. While I actually like the decor/color scheme better on the Triumph, the Glory just felt so *new* and I LOVED the layout and all the bar options. Our room on that ship was the nicest we've ever had on a cruise and, for some reason, we had the most fun group of fellow passengers ever.

I too am very curious what other cruise critics have to say about this. My husband and I were on our first cruise on the Glory last May and loved it! We then took our kids (ages 10 and 11) on RCCL Voyager of the Seas(couldn't resist the $199 3rd and 4th passenger special I found) and they can't wait to go on another cruise. It is addicting!

Anyway, we are currently booked on the Triumph's eastern itinerary because we really like the ports and the price and since DH and I have been on Glory we'd like to try a different ship but I'm afraid since this is the oldest ship we've been on we may be disappointed and find ourselves comparing it to Glory wishing we had taken the kids on her. I have considered spending a little more to try CCL Freedom because I think my kids will really like this ship. I'd love to hear which you would choose and why. Thanks.

Sounds like you are already having misgivings that may multiply.

I'd book the Freedom or the Glory.

Our second cruise was on the Fantasy, and I cannot tell you how many times I heard (or used..lol) the phrase..."It wasn't like this on the Glory...The Glory had such and such..." etc etc.

We still had a nice time on the Fantasy but nothing when compared to the "Glory"/.

Our third cruise is coming up in June.

On the Glory. :)

I too am very curious what other cruise critics have to say about this. My husband and I were on our first cruise on the Glory last May and loved it! We then took our kids (ages 10 and 11) on RCCL Voyager of the Seas(couldn't resist the $199 3rd and 4th passenger special I found) and they can't wait to go on another cruise. It is addicting!

Anyway, we are currently booked on the Triumph's eastern itinerary because we really like the ports and the price and since DH and I have been on Glory we'd like to try a different ship but I'm afraid since this is the oldest ship we've been on we may be disappointed and find ourselves comparing it to Glory wishing we had taken the kids on her. I have considered spending a little more to try CCL Freedom because I think my kids will really like this ship. I'd love to hear which you would choose and why. Thanks.

Lots of people go on the same ship year after year.. but--especially withkids-- i would do another ship. THe glory stuff you already did. the shows etc will all be the same. The Triumph although old is nice too.

Freedom will cost more since it is a new ship= wait a year and the prices will come down.

My kids also think that a cruise is the best vacation and they would rather do a cruise then go to DIsney.

A cruise is what you make it to be so if you go in expecting to be disappointed you will be.

Since the GLory was your first cruise it will always be special. SOme day a differnt cruise will take over that overall impression.

The Sensation was my first back in 2000 and it was my favorite until this past February when we sailed the Caribbean Princess-trying Princess for the first time. THat cruise literally blew me away

I have no problem sailing the same ship multiple times (3rd time in Glory in June) but as Serene said, the shows are the same, etc.

I probably would not pay more to sail on Freedom, simply because it is essentially ths same ship (except for decor and the TV screen).

Between the Triumph and Glory, with all other things equal, I'd pick Glory just for the supper club and Fish and Chips.

Between the Triumph and Glory, with all other things equal, I'd pick Glory just for the supper club and Fish and Chips.

ooo the Supper Club-- now I am hungry--lol what an awesome reason to take the Glory over the Triumph

I've been on both and if the price is about the same, which is a surprise, I would choose the Glory. It's a little larger, newer, and etc. (comments others mentioned about the Glory). No matter which one you cruise you've made a good choice. The Glory and the Triumph are a couple of my favorites. I've been on the Triumph twice and the Glory once, but I'm going on Glory end of June. Let us know your choice and why.:)

Archived