Halifax and Quebec shopping

[quote name='BettyBoop3850']Hi I will be on the QM2 Sept. 29th cruise to New England/Canada and was wondering if anyone can suuggest any shops that might be open that time of year selling Christmas ornaments,Santa's,Angels and other christmas items.

Thanks
Michelle[/QUOTE]
I didn't do much shopping in Halifax but when my girlfriend and I were in Quebeck for Winter Carnaval last year we found a great Christmas shop in the upper part of town at "A Fantastic Village" on rue de Buade, a permanent Christmas village display utilizing, among its well presented displays, at least 275 porcelain buildings and 1,500 figurines. There's another Christmas shop nearby with wonderful Santas, a train display etc. The stores in the lower town had lots of Christmas things too.

In Halifax there are quite afew shops along the water front boardwalk that do sell Christmas things year round. We were down yesterday looking around and found some nice things.The information desk at the pier can give you directions to the shops which are within easy walking distance of the ship.

Rick1965

Archived