Sailing from San Juan on RCI

We are sailing out of San Juan Puerto Rico in April of 08 on RCI Adventure of the Seas. How far are we looking at from the airport to the boat? The boat leaves at 8:30 pm, how much time should we plan for us to get there? Any experiences...good or bad from Puerto Rico? Is San Juan nice? We have 15,14, and 11 year olds...any ideas to keep them busy???

Thanks in advance.

hello 5ps

we are going to san juan on May 6th this year for our cruise. we have a friend from there & he advised it was only 10-20 min ride from the airport to the pier. BUTTTT you always want to allow yourself PLENTY of time just in case something happens.

there is a great wc accessible beach I found not to far from san juan that you might be interested in......here are the websites I've found on it.

we aren't going to be able to get there this time around but we hope to next year!!!

http://travelandsports.com/swb773.htm

http://members.tripod.com/~codyco/Seawithoutbarriers.html

Hi All,

We sailed on the AOS in April of 06 and I would say it's more like 20 minute ride to the pier from the airport - the traffic can be unpredictable.

It's not long but I don't think I would ever say that it was 10 minutes.

Have a wonderful trip, you will love the ship!

We are going in Jan 08 also on the Adventure. Could those who go before us post back on what they may have found that is handicaped assesible?

We are going to Aruba, Corasul, St Martin and St thomas. Any one need Wheelchair transportation? We do. Please let us know what you find and I will let you know what I have found. I did find a handicap tour company. I will look up the name are post it later.

Thanks in advance.

Linda

I will definitely post back. I am going to bookmark this page so it will be easily found when we get back. It is so hard finding things to do!!! I have had a good experience this time though!

We go out on the Destiny on Sunday!!! YIPEE!

Anyways, the only ports of call that we are visiting that are the same as yours is St. Thomas. I have been to St. Maarten though & let me tell you it is NOT wheelchair friendly! They did advise that if we would have let someone know they could have had an accessible vehicle there for us..otherwise we would have had to walk to town so we just stayed by the pier.

My dh is in a manual wheelchair so that probably makes a big difference in accessiblility options. He is able to get in & out of a truck/car/van with no problems with a transfer board.

In St Thomas, we are doing some shopping & island tour & then being dropped off/picked up at Coral World which from what i understand is very wheelchair friendly. I've also included a link to their website.

One other thing, I have found a wheelchair accessible beach close to San Juan if anyone interested. It is called Sea without Barriers. They actually have people to assist, beach wheelchairs & a ramp into the ocean. It looks really cool! We hope to go there sometime.

http://www.coralworldvi.com/index.html

http://www.godfreytoursvi.com/

One more thing. We have already booked our cruise for next year on the Crown Princess. We will be going to Aruba then so I will definitely be interested in what you find there.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all

First of all I have to say we had a great cruise as always!

The tour in St. Thomas wasn't as expected though. We had problems getting DH in and out of the truck we were touring in but we made it. It was a very high seat & it was difficult for him to transfer. He decided after a couple of times getting in & out that he would stay in for the rest of the tour. He got to see alot but some places he wasn't able to go to because of him staying in the truck.

St Thomas was the only one I saw that was the same ports you were going to. If you have any other questions let me know. I'll be more than happy to help.

We did see the AOS. She is a beautiful ship!!!

Archived