Marriott v. Radisson Waikiki

orderby

First of all, thanks so much for all the wonderful shared information! I have really enjoyed and appreciated all the helpful suggestions and reports I have found here!

I have ressies for both the Marriott and the Radisson in Waikiki for 1 night post cruise before flying back home. We'll have about 1.5 days in town. This will be our only time in Waikiki, as precruise we are staying on the North Shore. Is the Marriott MUCH better than the Radisson? My Radisson price is $35 less than the Marriott. What would you do?

For one night, I really don't see it making much difference. Yes, the Marriott is probably a little more luxurious than the Radisson but $35 is still $35. If you're not picky about your hotels, then I'd say stick with the Radisson - it IS a comfortable hotel (though traffic right now on Kuhio Avenue is REALLY bad). When's your cruise?

Spleen

Our cruise is the October 3-10 Pride of Aloha. My basic plan is that after debarkation, we will either store or roll our luggage, hit the Cathedral for Mass, see the Bishop Museum, and Chinatown, and have lunch either downtown or at the pier. Then, we will get shuttled to National to pick up our rental car on AlaMoana and check in to our hotel, whichever it will be. We'll enjoy the evening in Waikiki. In the morning, we might get over to Haunama Bay early, then enjoy the beach or shopping for the rest of the day before getting to the airport in late afternoon. The other hotels I am considering are the Sand Villa, Ocean Resort and Ilima. These are about somewhat less than the Radisson, and a couple of these provide free parking. Do you know these hotels? Thanks so much for your help and advice, Spleen!

I'm staying at the Radisson in December and it gets fairly good reviews at tripadvisor.com and on other sites. It is a relatively inexpensive hotel through NCL, and is well rated in Fodor's 2004. Also, the hotel is undergoing major renovation and may be quite new-like when they are done.

Archived