Baby Food on Princess

Mommy2JN

I sent in the fax to Princess requesting baby food but I have not yet heard back from them.

Does anyone know when I should hear back?

What type of food do they have? Will I get to choose the size/type, etc?

TIA :D

I heard back within a couple of days of sending my fax. They faxed me a form where I could choose the number of jars of meats, veggies and fruit jars and how many boxes of baby cereal (the oatmeal-y kind, not breakfast cereal, which you can get at the buffet). It was regular Gerber jars - and we didn't end up using them all because we also had yogurt and bananas delivered to the cabin each morning, and there was usually something for my girls to eat in the dining room (soup with the broth drained/etc.)

You might call and follow up in plenty of time before your cruise so they can be sure to have what you want on board.

Best,

Mia

Then call Princess' customer service line and ask the people there to put a ntoe in your computer file that you need baby food. Just list the baby food your child enjoys. Think Gerbers products--regular jar food and boxed rice/oatmeal cereals.

Princess is very generous with baby food.

Then go to your Cruise Personalizer on the Princess website and see if you can put a notation in there that you need baby food.

With the fax you are also doing, you should have baby food ready for you when you get on board.

The thing with Princess is that if they failed to provide you with baby food, then you can request special puree food in the dining room for your baby. The chef and the maitre d' will definitely comply with your request. I think in that case, you'll get even better food than baby jar food.

If your child is older than 10M, he/she maybe into finger food. Most parents like to use Cheerios. If that's the finger food cereal you are using, Princess doesn't have it on board. The cereal brand they use is Kellogg. So if you mind your 10M old eating Fruit Loops, then bring a small box of Cheerios with you.

For kids under 3, I would suggest that you bring lots of ziploc bags or even plastic containers as well as 1 or 2 extra sippy cups. The reason why is that it'll be annoying (as well as extra tipping) if you have to get milk, juices, yogurt, fruits, etc.... any time outside the breakfast time because you won't be able to find any of those items except via room service.

I usually make a pilgrimage to the Horizon Court (buffet area) before breakfast hours are over and stock up on fruits, yogurt, cereals (in small boxes), bread/toasts/bagels, milk, and juice. I stored the perishable in the fridge and the rest in a drawer. The kiddies can snack throughout the day.

Also, teaspoons are hard to come by, so if you can pack your child's utensils or a few plastic spoons, it'll make your dining experience a lot more easier on the ship.

I mentioned in other threads before, but I'll say it here again. Bring the following 7 things if you have small children:

1. Hand sanitizers

2. small bottle of dishwashing detergent (to wash bottles, sippy cups, etc...) and sponge (it should all fit in a sandwich-size ziploc bag)

3. quarters and powder laundry detergent (in a ziploc bag)

4. extra ziploc bags and grocery store plastic bags.

5. kid size hangers.

6. portable DVD player and new DVDs of your child's favorite show(s).

7. small toys or crayons (in ziploc bag) to keep your child busy while you order food off the menu.

BTW, I made a typo earlier. I meant to say "note", but it came out as "ntoe". Sorry about that.

Post if you have more questions. We have been on 4 Princess cruises with kids ranging from 6M old to 6 years old.

Thank you all for the replies! Right after I posted that last message, the e-mail came through from Princess with the order form for the food!

For anyone that is going on Princess, you need to send a fax to 1-661-284-4770. I included my e-mail address so they e-mailed me the form to fill out for the food. I also have the request listed on my reservation.

Merela, all great advice!

Archived