Packing question: Does Downy Wrinkle Release...

Guest Time2gocruzn

Guest Time2gocruzn

really work? I have never tried it, but am considering bringing some along. Has anyone used this, and how did it work? Thanks!

I love the stuff!! Use it all the time... I don't use it on anything such as silk, but use it for many different fabrics. It words quite well (of course, not like an iron or press, but since you can't have one of those, it works great)... I packed everything in one of those "vacuum seal bags" and then used the wrinkle release and it all worked out fine... that stuff is a life saver when traveling.

DW is in charge of all clothing so that all my stuff gets on board and I'm not wearing shorts and sneakers with my tux jacket :rolleyes:

She always takes a wrinkle release product and it seems to work well. She also packs a lot using dry cleaning bags to protect the clothing. Swears that it helps prevent wrinkles in the first place.

Vaccuum bags are used for items that don't have a wrinkle problem (underwear, socks, etc.) on the way to the cruise and for whatever on the way home. She actually takes some emptys to the ship. When filled they create more room for soveniers.

If you have hard wrinkles that don't come out to your liking be VERY careful about ironing. Use a bandana or something similiar to iron on top of. The wrinkle releaser will gunch up your iron.

Also the generic stuff from Dollar Tree works just as well and is cheaper than the Downy.

I purchase a smaller travel size bottle, transfer some into it and take it instead of the large bottle.

I've taken Wrinkle Release with me the past two cruises. Works great. Spray, smooth out, and hang. I transfer it from the large bottle to a smaller spray bottle (WalMart 33cent plastic spray bottle), then put into Ziplok bag.

Downy is our favorite on cruise ships, have tried other brands which work but Downy has a fragrance that works like a fabric cleanser like Febreeze. We use the Downy as we're unpacking the first day, spray it, go by directions, and hang items in the closet when about dry. Other brands work, but we like the double power we get from Downy - releases wrinkles and works as a deodorizer in closets for the week against frangrances former cabin occupants left behind.

Hint: at times have left fabric releaser or deodorizers in cabin to save space in luggage coming home and have been thanked several times by cabin stewards for leaving them. Crew members live in tight quarters for months and have concerns about wrinkles and odors in their cabins as well.

We buy a new wrinkle releaser and fabric deodorizer product for each cruise, pack the sealed product in a zip loc bag for trip to the ship, use what we need and then leave it behind. If the crew can use it, great. Love to recycle or use up left overs, and we don't worry about having an opened spray bottle doing damage inside our luggage on the trip home.

I was in Dollar General today and saw where their generic brand of a wrinkle releaser for $1.50. It was kind of a large bottle though.

98Charlie, thanks for the tip about leaving the leftover wrinkle releaser behind. I wouldn't have thought about that.

I have left my room deodorizers behind though. Last cruise, I found the little Glade Secrets deodorizers. They came in a 2-pack. Took one for that cruise and saved one for the next!

Archived