Reef Club in Cozumel looks good

islandreaming_again

We're cruising at the end of July. I see the Reef Club has a day pass for $40.00 that includes everything except transportation. Here's the info, has anyone been there? Is it far from the pier? I was thinking about Paradise Beach or Playa Mia, then saw the Reef Club. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

islandreaming:)

Cruise ship passengers and seasonal or local residents may still enjoy all that the Reef Club has to offer by purchasing one of our three Day Pass plans.

DAY PASS

9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

$40.00 USD per person

Children 6-12 – 50% Off

Children 0-6 – no charge

Pass includes all meals and snacks, unlimited drinks, use of beach towels, access to gym, tennis courts, swimming pools, private hotel beach, and all non-motorized water sports

We're cruising at the end of July. I see the Reef Club has a day pass for $40.00 that includes everything except transportation. Here's the info, has anyone been there? Is it far from the pier? I was thinking about Paradise Beach or Playa Mia, then saw the Reef Club. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

islandreaming:)

Cruise ship passengers and seasonal or local residents may still enjoy all that the Reef Club has to offer by purchasing one of our three Day Pass plans.

DAY PASS

9:00 AM – 5:00 PM

$40.00 USD per person

Children 6-12 – 50% Off

Children 0-6 – no charge

Pass includes all meals and snacks, unlimited drinks, use of beach towels, access to gym, tennis courts, swimming pools, private hotel beach, and all non-motorized water sports

Here are some recent posts about the club.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=531004&highlight=reef+club

Thanks Ken, I see more negatives than positives. It seems a bunch of people got sick eating there. I wonder if you just have to be leary eating at most places in Mexico?

Yes there were alot of nagatives there... I would not hesitate to eat in mexico, unsure if I would eat off of a buffet!!!:)

I would not touch that place with a ten foot pole. I have read horror stories on here and various other web sites. I work too hard to pay for my cruise, only to become violently ill and not enjoy it.

What ever you do have fun, but please be careful.

I wonder if you just have to be leary eating at most places in Mexico?
No. I would eat at any of the restaurants in Cozumel and not worry, but I would try to avoid an All Inclusive buffet. You don't know how old the food is or how long it has been sitting out in the heat.

If you do some research at Tripadvisor, you will see the tons of unhappy folks who got sick at Reef, but the problem seems to be ONLY Reef, due to their new management, overexansion and ongoing construction...the construction/plumbing seems to be a major culprit, people have reported dirty tap water etc....only at Reef

as for Nachi Colum...you should be aware that it is NOT legally open to the public, their business license is revoked due to them cutting down environmentally protected mangroves before the hurricaine....the locals have little regard for Nachi's various environmental blunders it seems

Very interesting to read TripAdvisor vs this board....

some of them there seem to like Palancar

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! We just returned from a week-long stay at the Reef Club. We ate at the buffet every day and did not get sick or even get a stomach ache. It was the most "regular" week I have had in awhile, which is kind of wierd. People might get sick if they don't wash their hands, you never know what caused them to get sick.

There is the buffet, and the food was pretty good, although not as good as cruise ship food. There is also a snack bar type place across from the Buffet that has burgers, fries, nachos, pizza, etc. and that was pretty good.

Just wanted to share my personal experience. I thought everything was great there.

I did get scared after reading those reviews on Travel advisor, but since our week was already reserved and paid for, we were still going to go regardless. I am glad that some people's bad review didn't ruin our close to perfect week out there.

Our group of 14 people went to Reef this Feb. While the resort is really pretty, the beach is very rocky and the food and drinks stink.... None of us got sick, but I am returning to Coz in July and wont go back there. I am looking into Nachi Cocum which looks nice... :)

Archived