Stateroom 'Categories' on the Holiday

bamaphotopro

Okay, gang ... noob that I am ... wanting to book my own cruise through the Carnival web site ... and after attempting to find the answer after a search here (that never seems to work properly for me), I have a question regarding the 'Stateroom Legend' as it shows on the web site.

When I see the term '1 Upper' or '2 Uppers', am I to assume that is describing bunk beds for that particular stateroom? Also, if there is no legend symbol shown for a particular stateroom (for example, U73 on the Holiday Upper Deck ... our stateroom for our first cruise), am I to assume that it contains two twins that convert to a King bed?

Sorry, but I just find it rather confusing and lacking explanation on the web site.

Thanks in advance!

- Bama

all categories except a 1A will have two beds on the floor.

Now looking at the legend you will see if it denotes one upper or a convertible sofa bed.

In inside cabins will always have upper beds- no sofas in the inside cabins.

Upper beds pull out of the wall or ceiling and put away during the day.

convertible sofas are the type the back comes off and its a bed..they do not pul out.

PS- you might want to call and book your cruise. THe online booking engine dont show discounts that you might be entitled to.

Ask about resident rates. past guest rates. senior rates or military rates.

Maybe inquire about a free upgrade sale?

I agree w/Serene. Much better to speak w/a human being than booking thru a computer.;)

I would call and ask to speak w/a Carnival PVP. She/he can often find little extras - or at least lead you in the right direction, and answer most of your questions.

I use the same PVP over and over. Sorry I can't share her name...but according to Cruise Critic rules, that's a no-no.

Okay, gang ... noob that I am ... wanting to book my own cruise through the Carnival web site ... and after attempting to find the answer after a search here (that never seems to work properly for me), I have a question regarding the 'Stateroom Legend' as it shows on the web site.

When I see the term '1 Upper' or '2 Uppers', am I to assume that is describing bunk beds for that particular stateroom? Also, if there is no legend symbol shown for a particular stateroom (for example, U73 on the Holiday Upper Deck ... our stateroom for our first cruise), am I to assume that it contains two twins that convert to a King bed?

Sorry, but I just find it rather confusing and lacking explanation on the web site.

Thanks in advance!

- Bama

i wld still confirm the deck plan w/ a rep. on our liberty cruise we need a double and a triple. one of the doubles is showing only as a double or a quad, i forget, anyway, it is not showing as what we need. i was (and still am) a little concerned about this. CCL insists that their deck plan book is correct, and that we do have a triple where needed -- nothing more, nothing less, and that the deck plan on the web site is incorrect.

One thing a lot of people don't know is that the outside cabins off the very back of the ship - overlooking the wheelwash are HUGE! They vibrate a lot but we have booked them a few times as they are so much bigger than the normal outside cabins... Debbie

Archived