Oceaneer Club Question, No pagers ?? On RCI

CKZ

We have been on the Disney Magic with our Daughter 8, and they have a paging system... What does the Mariner of the Seas {RCI} have as a way of contacting us in the case of "trouble/wanting to be picked up" from the Club ?? :confused: Thanks !!

I'm sure that some others will post soon and be able to help a little more. My son is in the 3-5 year old program in Adventure Ocean. On each of our trips we have been given either a phone or a pager (depending on the ship). I'm sure Mariner has the same thing, I just don't know what age groups can get them.

I'm sure that some others will post soon and be able to help a little more. My son is in the 3-5 year old program in Adventure Ocean. On each of our trips we have been given either a phone or a pager (depending on the ship). I'm sure Mariner has the same thing, I just don't know what age groups can get them.

I'm not aware of this for either our cruise on Jewel last March or our cruise on Mariner this past March. My kids are 8 and 11 and used Adventure Ocean. Nothing was mentioned of any system to contact us. But we didn't ask either.

I've heard they have a similar paging system (to the Disney ships) for the youngest group (3-5s) but have been told they do not offer anything for the older groups. Not that it's ever been a problem for us. If I was unsure if DD would be having a rough time, I would agree to come check on her periodically. This most recent cruise I actually let her check herself out, with the understanding she was to come directly to where ever I told her I would be. Wouldn't you know it was the one cruise she didn't want to go to the club?

I think the pagers are only for the 3-5 group. When we were on the Rhapsody in March, my wife mentioned something that we could've gotten a pager, since we had a three year old, but that we would not have received one if we only had a six year old (which is our older son).

Really, I was paying too much attention to the water outside the window and the gin inside my glass to remember properly. :)

D

The pagers are for the 3-5 age group in Adventure Ocean. Some ships, and I think Mariner is one of them, have DECT phones that you can rent that will sort of work like exclusive walkie talkies.

They will find you if there is a serious problem or illness. If it is just because your child wants to leave, they will usually try calling the cabins listed as contacts, but most times people won't be there.

Depending on age, sometimes bringing your own two-way radios is a decent option. Your child can contact you if they wish to be signed out.

Archived