Anyone joined the Carribbean Princess from the UK?

hc_cruiser

Hi dougaldog

As is't Princesses Flight The ship WON'T Sail without us.

There should be around 200 on board all going on the Princess Caribbean.

We land around 2pm and it's a short drive to the Ship.

You'll have a night in a hotel in Gatwick if your traveling from outside of the area.

You will have to see Princess about baggage allowance. I would presume it will be the normal 20 kg

Planes do vary but have been informed that it is a First Choice flight.

I'm really hoping it is as it's the best flight i've EVER had. Time flys By (pardon the pun)

Loadsa leg room and wide seats for comfort.

C'mon join the party

Kezz

• 2 months later...
Hi,

My family is on a BTB on CB starting 24th June - We fly out that morning from Gatwick and arrive in FLL about 2pm I think. There are seven of us in total (ranging from 14 to 88 in age).

When we get back (9th July) I'll post a thread as to how it all went - 2months yesterday - can't wait:D

Colin

Hi Colin+Karen

Hope you enjoyed your holidays! I have been watching out for your post/review - but may have missed it. Would be interested to know how the transfers worked out from the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got back

And yes the plane was delayed.

We held the ship up by an hour and a quarter, Lol

No problems really.

Once out of the airport, stright onto a coach and to the pier, on the ship within a couple of mins.

As said the seating on the plane is 2 - 3 - 2, very comfy and great computer in seat back.

I didn't like flying the same day, as you have to be up at around 4am.

So you have had it by the time you get there.

Any questions reply and i'll get back asap

kezz

Hi, We have just returned from two weeks on Caribbean Princess ( review to follow).

We were also concerned about the First Choice Flight on day of the Cruise.

But the flight was fine, entertainment was good, although if you want all the films and games you have to pay £5 extra. Service was OK, we felt they shoudl have offered soft drinks/water more frequently. Seats have more leg room than most.

We were delayed nearly three hours, two hours late leaving Gatwick and the rest circling Ft Lauderdale whilst a storm blew through.

The ship waited though and was ultimately an hour late departing.

Althugh we expected this to be the case, it was still uncomfortable feeling rushed when we landed.

Especially as you cannot rush through immigration control or baggage claim.

We took the transfer as clearly there was a sense of urgency by the meet and greet staff, to get us to the ship. Transfer takes 15 minutes.

Coming home we were taken from the ship to the Embassy Suites for a couple of hours for complimentary Buffet lunch, before being taken to the Airport for about 14.00.

We felt Princess, whilst very good at most things, are not good at providing this information. Maybe because they want you to buy a tour if your flight is after 13.00.

We were thinking we might take a water taxi to explore and see the expensive celebrity houses, or take a trip on the Jungle Queen or the Carrie B boats. There are supposed to be some very good restaurants at the water's edge.

I've heard that the Saw Grass Mall is enormous with lots to see, so if we have time we might take a look around.

At the end of our cruise, we don't fly home until 5.00pm so we intend to have a day at Butterfly World.

Hope this helps.:)

Hi,

We did the Jungle Queen a few years ago in Fort Lauderdale. I still remember it now as being a highlight of my many trips. It was really good.

Lisa:)

Hi, We have just returned from two weeks on Caribbean Princess ( review to follow).

We were also concerned about the First Choice Flight on day of the Cruise.

But the flight was fine, entertainment was good, although if you want all the films and games you have to pay £5 extra. Service was OK, we felt they shoudl have offered soft drinks/water more frequently. Seats have more leg room than most.

We were delayed nearly three hours, two hours late leaving Gatwick and the rest circling Ft Lauderdale whilst a storm blew through.

The ship waited though and was ultimately an hour late departing.

Althugh we expected this to be the case, it was still uncomfortable feeling rushed when we landed.

Especially as you cannot rush through immigration control or baggage claim.

We took the transfer as clearly there was a sense of urgency by the meet and greet staff, to get us to the ship. Transfer takes 15 minutes.

Coming home we were taken from the ship to the Embassy Suites for a couple of hours for complimentary Buffet lunch, before being taken to the Airport for about 14.00.

We felt Princess, whilst very good at most things, are not good at providing this information. Maybe because they want you to buy a tour if your flight is after 13.00.

At last someone from the UK!! I have been searching for more information on the flights and transfers. Glad to read the ship waits for you. looking forward to your review.

Best wishes.

Archived