considering RCCL , have questions re: Vision of the seas

considering RCCL vision of the seas to mexico , i was wondering if this is a good choice ? as far as kid friendly , food entertainment ? etc...

weve sailed on celebrity,ncl and carnival, and celebrity was the best, can i compare this to celebrity??

just wanted some opinons on it before we book it ,

thanks in advance..

Melissa

considering RCCL vision of the seas to mexico , i was wondering if this is a good choice ? as far as kid friendly , food entertainment ? etc...

weve sailed on celebrity,ncl and carnival, and celebrity was the best, can i compare this to celebrity??

just wanted some opinons on it before we book it ,

thanks in advance..

Melissa

The Vision of the Seas is a mid-class ship. She is not fancy-shmancy, but nor is she dumpy-dirty.

The Vision is a step below Celebrity and a step above Carnival.

When we sailed her, my 7 yr old niece begged my sister to take her to Adventure Ocean all day, every day.

I dont think you will be dissapointed.

My DD and I have done this itinerary two times, the third is March 2008. She was about a week shy of her 10th birthday on our 2005 trip and almost 11 for our 2006 trip. She enjoyed every minute of it.

I can only compare it to one Carnival 3 day cruise (not kid friendly) and a 7 day Disney (over the top kid friendly). I would say go for it.

Each night the main theatre's show was family appropriate. They would have adult only shows much later in the evening. At times they would show movies in the theatre as well. (There is no separate movie theatre.)

AO was ok, my DD only went twice, but you are in port three of the six full days on board. Dining room was kid friendly as well.

On both of our trips there were more chidren on board versus the three day weekend cruises we have taken. Much more of a family oriented cruise. We also went during Xmas break, so that may have something to do with it as well.

I enjoyed aspects of RCI more so than DCL (especially the price!). If you have any other questions, ask away.

Archived