Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Thanks Kingfish for the pics...I was so excited when i saw you did Playa Uvas...Any reviews? Who did your massage? Im set with Gisele....How did you like Playa Uvas? Anything else to know or expect while at Playa Uvas??

Thanks!!

:)

[quote name='Momma2ruby']Thanks Kingfish for the pics...I was so excited when i saw you did Playa Uvas...Any reviews? Who did your massage? Im set with Gisele....How did you like Playa Uvas? Anything else to know or expect while at Playa Uvas??

Thanks!!

:)[/quote]

For the most part, we liked Uvas. Gisela (I think sp?) is the one in the pictures giving the massage and Fredda said she was MARVELOUS!! She was super nice and personable, as was everyone at Uvas. The one disappointment about Uvas were the "things NOT included in the ALL-INCLUSIVE". We had been to the Reef Club last year and when they said "all inclusive" they really meant it....ANYTHING and everything they had was included. At Uvas my first disappointment was that DRAFT beer was included but bottled beer (which I prefer and assumed was part of the deal) was an extra charge. Same with liquor. Stuff I'd never heard of before was included but the call liquors were an extra charge. They seem to charge extra for everything....lockers, towels, etc. Yes, it was MY fault for thinking "all-inclusive" meant "all-inclusive". I guess I should have read more closely. It was no big deal, and we really enjoyed ourselves at Uvas, but I think in the future we will be going BACK to Reef Club.

I really hope and think you will have a GREAT time!!:)

[quote name='wtexcruiser']this is our first Cruise and we're wondering what excursions are rip offs and which ones are worth the money?

How easy is it to book on your own if you go that route and how do you do this?[/quote]

What are you interested in doing?

[quote name='Stircrzy']What are you interested in doing?[/QUOTE]
we are interested in several things, but don't want to overpay. We like to shop, eat, massages, swim, relax, and historical things. We are not wanting to overbook ourselves but at the same time make the most of our time on the island and money.

[quote name='wtexcruiser']we are interested in several things, but don't want to overpay. We like to shop, eat, massages, swim, relax, and historical things. We are not wanting to overbook ourselves but at the same time make the most of our time on the island and money.[/quote]Best advice - go to the Ports of Call Boards here on CC and see what's out there. We booked through the ship on our first cruise and felt so "violated" that I vowed never to do a ships tour again and we haven't...... with the exception of the ruins when we docked in Cozumel - only as this is not a tour we want to attempt on your own - lots of transportation issues that could make you miss the boat. The same can be said of a few other excursions. But it all you are looking for is to shop, eat, get massages, swim and historicial things you should find several great suggestions that won't cost you much.

You can do the ruins on your own in Progreso - many threads on this (we plan to do this). You can swim with the dolphins in Cozumel on your own - and you will get a better excursion for less money. There are several nice beaches in Coz if all you want to do is relax. Some are all inclusive, some charge to use the facilities, some charge for extras and some are free.

These boards will be your BEST source of information. I know they were for me.

I posted this as a thread by itself but maybe I'll get more response here.

Anyone have an adjoining oceanview cabin that can tell me where the adjoining door is? Pictures would be better - but I've been on the Fantasy clss beofre so if someone can just tell me how the cabin is layed out I would appreciate it. I just don't see how they get a door anywhere along that wall - especially if they make the bed into a queen (which we aren't doing but still like to know).

Okay, something just clicked. It is Captain Messina that is subbing on the Ecstasy until Scala returns from vacation.

Neon Piano bar was Angela Johnson. She was good.

Sam...from Chi-CAG-o was the karaoke hostess. She makes fun of her Chi-CAG-o accent. She was awesome and very funny. We hung out with her and a couple of other crew members after the show one night.

There are no hair dryers in the rooms but I did not take mine with me. I called housekeeping and they promptly brought one to my room. It was very powerful and worked great. Later, the room steward returned it. Don't know about secret areas/doors. Travelgirl

[quote name='KirstenL']qprrules --

When are you travelling in Feb 2008? We're booked on the 2/4/08.

Never been on Ecstacy, but have been on Elation in Feb '06, her sister ship. Really enjoyed it.

Kirsten[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff]Same date! Posted on the roll-call yesterday. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='wtexcruiser']this is our first Cruise and we're wondering what excursions are rip offs and which ones are worth the money?

How easy is it to book on your own if you go that route and how do you do this?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]Very easy to book on your own! Do some "googling" or go to the ports-of-call boards. Cozumelinsider and Gocozumel as well as Yucatantoday are just a few of the many sites out there that can give you ideas and even book excursions.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='sea_u_onboard']I posted this as a thread by itself but maybe I'll get more response here.

Anyone have an adjoining oceanview cabin that can tell me where the adjoining door is? Pictures would be better - but I've been on the Fantasy clss beofre so if someone can just tell me how the cabin is layed out I would appreciate it. I just don't see how they get a door anywhere along that wall - especially if they make the bed into a queen (which we aren't doing but still like to know).[/quote]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We had connecting rooms and, for us, it was great. Our room had the queen bed made so the door wouldn't fully open! Note that because of the door there is not any artwork hanging in the room. Here are some photos of our trip but not any of the door. Funny thing is, I really meant to take some because of all the confusion and questions but I forgot:( [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[URL]http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0QbtnDRw3bsXHg&emid=sharview&linkid=link4[/URL]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=#0000ff][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We had connecting rooms and, for us, it was great. Our room had the queen bed made so the door wouldn't fully open! Note that because of the door there is not any artwork hanging in the room. Here are some photos of our trip but not any of the door. Funny thing is, I really meant to take some because of all the confusion and questions but I forgot:( [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[URL="http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0QbtnDRw3bsXHg&emid=sharview&linkid=link4"][/URL]
[/quote]
Great pictures! What beach were you at in these pictures?
thanks
Sandy

[quote name='qprrules'][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We had connecting rooms and, for us, it was great. Our room had the queen bed made so the door wouldn't fully open! [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]Someone finally posted link to another thread on the other thread :rolleyes: that had a picture of the cabin. Well you get my drift. This sounds like it will work great for us as we are going to keep the beds as twins.

I can see where the door would be blocked when the beds are a queen because there really isn't that much room for the beds.

[quote name='mnmfischel']I just had that menu faxed to me. If you want to email me your address, I can pdf it over to [EMAIL="you...mnmfischel@comcast.net"]you...mnmfischel@comcast.net[/EMAIL][/quote]

Hope you do not mind, but I just sent you an email asking for that as well. My mom and I are going on a mother/ daughter cruise over Mother's day on the ecstasy, and it would be nice to know those prices beforehand because I would like to treat her to a massage or pedi or something that Sunday.

[quote name='wtexcruiser']How much are services at SPA Carnival. is it better to book a massage on the ship or at Playa UVAS?[/quote]

At Playa Uvas! Great massage, no product hard sell!

...or support a massage therapist in your hometown before or after the cruise.

Cruise line massages are okay, but not worth the pricey price and the product sales pitch.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[/quote]
Great pictures! What beach were you at in these pictures?
thanks
Sandy[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][COLOR=blue]We met up with some friends, who go to Cozumel that time of year (they were lucky with "Dean") every year, at their hotel. To tell you the truth, they had a very small beach area and they were doing some repairs from the storm (wind damage) so we only stayed three or so hours but it was nice to get away from the crowds and the kids loved the pool. It was fun![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Archived