Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Does the Ecstasy ever tender while in Cozumel? We're going on the Jan 12 sailing, and it looks like there will be three Carnival ships (and three others for a total of six ships) in port at the same time on Jan 14.

I was also amazed to see NINE ships at one time just this past Wednesday. Wow, that's got to be crowded! :eek:

Well, with 6 ships in port, the captain won the race and got us a berth downtown.

Thanks Stir,

Really looking forward to our trip:) A small ship can be a good thing and since we have nothing to compare it to, I am sure we will love every minute of it, with few complaints.

Thanks for your reply!

Sandy

She isn't that small! 70000 tons is a large ship. Just not like the "jumbos" they are putting out now a days. The 1st cruise I ever went on was a 12500:eek: ton ship in the Mediterranean Sea. Have a great cruise.......

sea u onboard,

Currently, there are 12 of us going (in two groups, though; our group of 4, and the other 8 are in a group, but we're all traveling together). We were thinking that we would take a shuttle or something from the airport to the pier.

JMO but I would check alternatives to the Carnival shuttle. Check the Gulf Port Departures board - I'm sure you will find some info there on shuttle services. You could always rent 3 cars? Could still be cheaper. Or a car and a van - I would still check out the prices.

This is changing the subject, but has anyone had cabin E81. We're going on Jan. 31. I saw that it was next door to the Information booth, that has me a little concerned. Ear plugs? Yes or No? :eek:

We were near there, in E60 ,and loved the location and being on that deck.No noise that I recall. I see that you are backed against it however.It should be fine. No loud music at the info./pursers desk. :D

Does anyone know if they have "tea time" on the Ecstasy? They had it on the Conquest and it was so nice and the desserts were WONDERFUL!

Wendy :)

Hi Wendy, I have not been on the Ecstasy yet, so I cannot say for certain, but the Carnival Capers that I have looked at from the past year or so had tea time listed. I don't think they advertise it much though, just a listing on the daily activities, so be sure to watch for it. My mom and I will be on her in May and I am looking forward to getting to do tea time with mom!

Kelli

Yes they have tea time on the Ecstasy. They hold it on sea days in the Neon Bar. The Neon Bar is very small, so get there early. We didn't get to do tea time because when we got there it was full. I wish they would change it to a different room.

On the Ecstasy you get a S&S card and a seperate room key.

Tammy

I just got back on Monday from a 4 day cruise on the Ecstasy. I don't recall seeing any tables for two, but maybe they exist in another dining room. We were in the Windstar dining room. There are two dining rooms. We had a great time in Cozumel and the weather was beautiful...85 degrees and sunny, but the weather going there was cold and dreary and coming back was awful. We had 15 - 20 foot seas and a lot of seasick people onboard. I always take meclizine with me and never take it, but we took it as a preventative when we woke up Sunday morning. Still had a good time in spite of all the weather. I guess that's the chance you take sailing in the winter with all the cold fronts moving through the Gulf.

Does anyone know if they have "tea time" on the Ecstasy? They had it on the Conquest and it was so nice and the desserts were WONDERFUL!

Weny,

Just wanted to tell you that we loved watching your video of the Conquest. It seemed even more special for us because we were on the same sailing with you guys, and we had Alex and Inengah in the dining room. My 6 year old just adored Alex, she still talks about her all the time. It was a wonderful experience for our family. Anyway thanks again!!

A booth would be great, I'm going to try for it. Thanks. My first cruise, I came with 4 other people. So they gave us a table together. Second cruise was NCL, and we didn't have assigned seating, I liked that. I've been a little worried about this one. I'm not a social butterfly, but my GF that is coming with me makes friends with everyone. So whatever happens, happens... 8 days and counting

When we went on the Ecstasy back in 2006, they had tea time. We were curious, so we decided to go and check it out. It was in the Neon Bar on a sea day. There were only 4 or 5 other guests there, so it was very quiet and relaxing. If memory serves me right, there was someone playing the piano. They had several different kinds of tea (I can remember Earl Grey, the kind from Harrod's, a few different kinds of Lipton tea, and several more brands). Of course, the little desserts and pastries they had were scrumptious.:)

Stircrzy, are you going on the Ecstasy? If so, I have seen you in our RollCall.

I *am* going on the Ecstasy...for the 7th time!

I haven't been on the Roll Call, but I did go find it after I saw your post.

See you aboard! :D

See you aboard! :D
Hey! I "resemble" that remark :eek: :D

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I want to ask (again). Can anyone who has been on a 5 night lately tell me if they as doing the Cancer Walk? Someone told me it was in the press release - but the only 5 nighter I saw doing it is the Elation. Inquiring minds want to know?

Archived