Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Does anyone know if they have any kind of party as we are leaving Cozumel on the Ecstasy? We were recently on the Conquest and we were all hyped up from being at Senor Frogs but when we got on the ship there was nothing to do! Kind of Anticlimactic!

Wendy :)

It has been about 4 years since our last cruise, and I gather the parking at Galveston has changed or at least the names maybe.

I'd appreciate it if someone could bring me up to date as to the choices available and what place seems to be the best.

Also, is it important to make a reservation or can you generally just show up?

Thanks!

Maui,

Besides the port authority parking, there is Lighthouse Parking and EZ Cruise Parking.

I have used both.

I prefer Lighthouse Parking because they have a raised lot, fenced, with security.

EZ Cruise was my choice until they moved the 4 and 5 night cruisers to a secondary lot that is not raised, and (as a former Galveston resident) not in a choice area.

Either should suit your purposes if you're traveling for longer than 5 nights! Make your reservation in advance if at all possible...it'll also save you money!

Have a great trip! :)

I've seen that parking garage across the street from the port in Galveston but don't know who uses it. There's also a parking garage at the Hotel Galvez which you can use free of charge if you stay there the night before your crusie. If you choose to use the Port of Galveston parking lot, you can go online to www.portofgalveston.com and pay for parking ahead of time and they give you a discount...maybe just $5 but it all helps! We just park there because it's so convenient.

I don't remember being able to order specific drinks, but they had a pretty good selection. They had whiskey sours, rum punch, screwdrivers, margaritas, champagne, champagne punch, and a couple of different kinds of wine. They brought them around on trays and they were already prepared. We had as much as we wanted and more than we needed!! :D

EZ Cruise was my choice until they moved the 4 and 5 night cruisers to a secondary lot that is not raised, and (as a former Galveston resident) not in a choice area.
Raised lot? I used EZ Cruise for an RCL cruise and the lot was a couple blocks away. I didn't even know they had 2 lots.

Raised lot? I used EZ Cruise for an RCL cruise and the lot was a couple blocks away. I didn't even know they had 2 lots.

The MAIN EZ Cruise lot is a couple of blocks from the Lighthouse lot, close to the pier...but the EZ Cruise secondary lot which is used for 4 and 5 nighters (I was told by Cindy the Manager) is pretty far from the port...near Broadway and it is not a raised lot and not in a choice area (I used to live in Galveston, so am familiar!). I've parked there twice and not been happy with the service over at the secondary lot.

Your RCL cruise was probably 7 nights? If so, you would have been parked in the MAIN lot...which I was perfectly happy using.

So...for short cruises I now use Lighthouse.

My personal preference! :)

The MAIN EZ Cruise lot is a couple of blocks from the Lighthouse lot, close to the pier...but the EZ Cruise secondary lot which is used for 4 and 5 nighters (I was told by Cindy the Manager) is pretty far from the port...near Broadway and it is not a raised lot and not in a choice area (I used to live in Galveston, so am familiar!). I've parked there twice and not been happy with the service over at the secondary lot.

Your RCL cruise was probably 7 nights? If so, you would have been parked in the MAIN lot...which I was perfectly happy using.

They used to park the 7-day Grand pax in lot #2 as well. I think it's more catch as catch can sometimes.

I always park in Lot #1, but they know I walk (both departing and arriving) so saves time for both of us. If early, I drop the bags before parking. I've also rolled the bags from the parking lot to the terminal, not that hard. We took DW's car last week and had a flat/low tire when we got back. EZ has an air compressor so another plus for parking there. (Every time they run the maintainer out here in the country we'll pick up some fence nails. Someday I'll live on a paved road again.)

So how you doin' Stir? I'd like to sneak in an Ecstasy in the next few months. Fausto gave me some dates to look at, I'll catch each of you on there one of these days.

We do heavy construction (40 years this October!)...I hear "ching ching" every time I see a nice concrete road, or smell asphalt...we do both! :D

I have an Ecstasy cruise in a couple of days, and one in September, and I'm looking at one in maybe April or May for a 'tweener.

Keep us posted on your plans. I'd love to meet you and the Mrs.!

I do keep up with the Twisted Oak Ranch doin's...I'd like some of those Texas Wooden Legged Goats to put in the pasture out back where nobody would bother them. My mini-donkeys are fat and furry, and loving those Mrs. Pasture's Equine Cookies!

Yes - it was RCL 7 night. So you're telling me I can't park in the main lot? Bummer - I've been telling everyone in our group how convenient it is. Can you tell me more about Lighthouse?

We are hoping to take a small cooler on rollers with a couple 6 packs of soda and one of pineapple juice on our cruise with us. Has anyone tried to check anything like this in with their checked baggage lately? Just wondering if it is still possible. Since this will be our first cruise, obviously we have never tried it, but I have read of others doing it.

Thanks,

Sandy

:rolleyes:

Yes - it was RCL 7 night. So you're telling me I can't park in the main lot? Bummer - I've been telling everyone in our group how convenient it is. Can you tell me more about Lighthouse?

Lighthouse is also a raised lot, fenced, and with 24 hour security. It's in the same general area as EZ.

I only changed lots because of the short cruise policy of parking at the secondary lot at EZ. I used EZ for years and was perfectly satisfied when I was able to park in their main lot.

We are hoping to take a small cooler on rollers with a couple 6 packs of soda and one of pineapple juice on our cruise with us. Has anyone tried to check anything like this in with their checked baggage lately? Just wondering if it is still possible. Since this will be our first cruise, obviously we have never tried it, but I have read of others doing it.

Thanks,

Sandy

:rolleyes:

New rule is that the cooler can not exceed 12" x 12". Check Carnival's FAQ...it's now stated there, under "luggage restrictions":

Carnival does not allow guests to bring large coolers on board its vessels. Small, personal-sized coolers no larger than 12” x 12” x 12” for the purpose of housing small quantities of non-alcoholic beverages and/or medications are permitted as carry-on luggage. Screening and movement of large coolers through embarkation is an impediment to the boarding and security screening process and therefore large coolers are not permitted as carry-on or checked luggage.

Does anybody know if PH1 & PH2 were refurbished with the rest of the ship? If so was the decor updated or just carpeting replaced?

They were not as of last July. At that time the Captain said they were scheduled to be updated sometime this year (2008). They did get the new bedding during the refurb, though.

I'll let you know when I return next Monday.

They were not as of last July. At that time the Captain said they were scheduled to be updated sometime this year (2008). They did get the new bedding during the refurb, though.

I'll let you know when I return next Monday.

Thanks for checking. :)

Mike

I've never brought my laptop before, but have some work to do anyway, so I'll have it with me this time. I know that you can buy internet minutes to be used either in the internet cafe or on your laptop. Are there other Wi Fi hotspots available, or do you have to be in the internet cafe area even to use your laptop?

Thanks,

Mike

Archived