Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

We brought our own food from the ship and glad we did as food/drinks were expensive there (by Mexican standards). :)

Please know that this practice is NOT allowed. It's against the law, in fact, with some hefty fines that can be imposed. You are not to bring ANY fresh foods off the ship. At debarkation in port, there are usually signs telling passengers this and it is usually printed in the daily paper as well. There are often agents checking bags as passengers leave the ship, confiscating fresh foods. You CAN bring pre-packaged items, like cheese & crackers, those little cereal boxes, etc.

We are leaving on the Ecstasy on 7 July. Just a few questions about wine on that ship. I know we can carry on at embarkation 1 bottle per person.

What about at the ports in Progresso and Cozumel?

Also if we were to buy the bottles to be delivered to our room through the Bon Voyage people at Carnival would we be charged the corkage fee?

If you have recently carried on a bottle were you charged the corkage fee, seems some have and some have not on different ships.

Thanks,

Kari

Kari,

Last year on Conquest we took two bottles of wine with us. Two formal nights, two bottles of wine... Our waiter took care of the first one gratis, the second bottle, he charged us the corkage. Go figure! My advice?

(Don't read any more if you don't want it!) :D

You're having a nice dinner with someone you love, and enjoying the company of your tablemates. Good food deserves good wine, so bring a better bottle, pay the corkage with a a smile on your face, (it's only $10) and offer to share your bottle with your tablemates. What goes around, comes around you know? Tom

Just got back Monday. We took 3 bottles of wine onboard. We had one the first night in the dining room. The 2nd night, our waiter told us if we bought a bottle of wine he wouldn't charge us the corkage fee. So I did buy a bottle. Then the 3rd night I took another bottle. He didn't charge the fee.

Please know that this practice is NOT allowed. It's against the law, in fact, with some hefty fines that can be imposed. You are not to bring ANY fresh foods off the ship. At debarkation in port, there are usually signs telling passengers this and it is usually printed in the daily paper as well. There are often agents checking bags as passengers leave the ship, confiscating fresh foods. You CAN bring pre-packaged items, like cheese & crackers, those little cereal boxes, etc.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. That's what we did - water, cereal boxes etc. We had some prepackaged food that we had brought from home as well like granola bars, snack mix and pudding cups. We're used to travelling with small kids and tend to always have that kind of food, especially now that airlines do not provide meals!

Sorry, I wasn't clear. That's what we did - water, cereal boxes etc. We had some prepackaged food that we had brought from home as well like granola bars, snack mix and pudding cups. We're used to travelling with small kids and tend to always have that kind of food, especially now that airlines do not provide meals!

Oh, good for you! And great thinking for traveling with and feeding the kiddos! Now that I think about it, if they have little boxes of fruit loops, I may grab one for myself! I love to munch those things dry. Weird, I know!

Sorry for the cyber-smack! :) But maybe between us we helped a newbie who might have thought they could smuggle off sandwiches!

Oh, good for you! And great thinking for traveling with and feeding the kiddos! Now that I think about it, if they have little boxes of fruit loops, I may grab one for myself! I love to munch those things dry. Weird, I know!

Sorry for the cyber-smack! :) But maybe between us we helped a newbie who might have thought they could smuggle off sandwiches!

You probably DID save someone from this tragedy. (and a hefty fine)

Thanks everyone. That's true Tom. I was more trying to decide what was the better over all deal with my time and money, to go get a bottle and bring it on or just buy the ship's bottle through the dining room or through the bon voyage. Never been on a ship before.

We are flying into Dallas and then taking a shuttle to Galveston. So we would have to go out in Dallas and get a bottle, then take it on the bus, etc. If Im going to end up paying about the same for a similar bottle on the ship, might not be worth all the time and effort. Well not that much to me, but hubby is a little different on the thought process.

We leave on home on the 4th and don't cruise til the 7th, so I have a few days to decide even after we land in Dallas.

And we would probably end up sharing, hubby is just too nice like that, but I also don't think we would drink a bottle in 2 nights alone, just not that into drinking anything. A nice glass or 2 would be fun on vacation.

We are flying into Dallas and then taking a shuttle to Galveston. So we would have to go out in Dallas and get a bottle, then take it on the bus, etc....We leave on home on the 4th and don't cruise til the 7th, so I have a few days to decide even after we land in Dallas.

Dallas is over 250 miles from Galveston. Are you visiting family there first? Perhaps they would be willing to take you out to buy a bottle or your preferred wine? Or even pick it up in advance so you can enjoy some with them as well.

I won't ask about my cabin - we travel tight and cheap :D! We're four in the cabin at M88. I don't mind cramming all four of us in there - we're NEVER in the cabin and I'm the only girl, so I'm the only one who takes up any room! On the plus side, I think the cabin is only about five doors down from the stairs & elevators.

We've done that a time or two. In the evening I sent the boys/men to the gym to use the showers there so I could get ready without them under foot. Since I am an early riser, I went to the gym in the mornings to work out and get ready so I would not disturb the late risers.

I also took post-its to put on each drawer with a name on it so it would be easy for everyone to find their stuff.

We will be sailing on her September 25, our first cruise!!!! I am really looking forward to it, but there is a college football game that I would really love to see and would like to know if the ship gets either ABC or ESPN? If they do is there a sports bar on the ship that might be fun to watch the game in? Thanks for your help.

Seems like I read somewhere (maybe even an earlier post on this thread) that the Society Bar has TV's tuned to ESPN, if that helps.

Dallas is over 250 miles from Galveston. Are you visiting family there first? Perhaps they would be willing to take you out to buy a bottle or your preferred wine? Or even pick it up in advance so you can enjoy some with them as well.

Yup visiting the inlaws for a few days and leaving the kids with them. They need to spend some time together, according to the kids. They are 7 and 9. But the area we are going is dry and the inlaws are non drinkers. We plan on running out to buy a few things before we leave Dallas though so not a big thing to add this to the list.

Its extremely rare for us to get out without the kids so the whole cruise thing will be like our date night for the year. LOL. Hubby's on recruiting duty, which he hates, so he is never home for any meals, except occassionally Sun supper.

Hey everyone! We're going on the Ecstasy 9/6/08 and the family is FINALLY ready to start talking about excursions. I have a price list for the ship excursions, but I don't have the descriptions. Is this uploaded somewhere? does anyone have them?

Thanks!

Just returned last week from the Ecstasy. We had such a great time, we booked again for January! Can't wait to go again.

I was curious if anyone knows how often the shows change. I wouldnt have a problem if they didnt change a bit, but I'm curious if there will be something new in store for us.

I was talking with a co-worker this week that sailed on Ecstacy just last month. She was telling me that there is an additional charge at the Sushi bar. Personally, I can't imagine that, but does anyone know for sure? She's not a huge Sushi fan, and I just don't think she knows what she's talking about. Thanks!

Hey everyone! We're going on the Ecstasy 9/6/08 and the family is FINALLY ready to start talking about excursions. I have a price list for the ship excursions, but I don't have the descriptions. Is this uploaded somewhere? does anyone have them?

Thanks!

The descriptions should be listed on the Carnival website. Go to your cruise details and click on the ports of call. When the excursion list comes up, select the one that you are interested in and it will give you a description.

Have a great trip!

I was talking with a co-worker this week that sailed on Ecstacy just last month. She was telling me that there is an additional charge at the Sushi bar. Personally, I can't imagine that, but does anyone know for sure? She's not a huge Sushi fan, and I just don't think she knows what she's talking about. Thanks!

There should only be a charge for the saki (not sure if I spelled that right). Maybe that's why she got confused.

Ashley :-)

Just returned last week from the Ecstasy. We had such a great time, we booked again for January! Can't wait to go again.

I was curious if anyone knows how often the shows change. I wouldnt have a problem if they didnt change a bit, but I'm curious if there will be something new in store for us.

Do you happen to still have your Capers? I was just wondering who the karaoke host and Club O2 director. Their first name will be listed in the Capers.

Thanks!

I don't have a copy of the Capers, but I believe the karaoke host was named Cynthia (she also sang at the Captains Party).

I'll ask DD who the 02Club director was when she returns from the waterpark.

Thanks so much!!

I believe there is no extra charge since the professional CC review of Ecstacy's sister ship, Fantasy, says the following:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review_page2.cfm?ShipID=6

Every evening between 5:30 and 8 p.m., sushi is served at the forward end of the Promenade. Best yet, it's complimentary. The quality is good and the ingredients are fresh, but don't expect anything too fancy.

Archived