Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

Can anyone list some "must-do's" for the Ecstasy? My DH and I will be sailing on 10/13, its our first cruise. We are late twenties and enjoy casual events (no formal night for us!) and relaxing activities. I'm also up for meal/drink suggestions (what kind of daily drink specials do they offer?).

Thanks!

Ultimate Country show is a must do.

I'm looking into a cruise on Ecstasy and T/A is offering a cabin at the back of the ship, not aft, but next to it. Any thoughts or should we ask for something mid ship? This would be on Main deck

We were at the back last year on the main deck--M261--and loved it so much that this year we requested a room at the back. We did not feel any extra motion. We wore seasick patches so had no trouble. In fact, I seem to remember that it kind of lulled us to sleep. We loved it.

Thank you so much ShipAddict.

I got our room assignments today (I booked 2 guarantee inside rooms) and we have rooms M16 & M20. I curious about M16 because on the Carnival deck plan it shows it lays differently than the other rooms. I'm just glad they put us next to each other, cause I know they don't have to.

Sharon

I curious about M16 because on the Carnival deck plan it shows it lays differently than the other rooms.

Sharon

My daughters had cabin 7412 on the Conquest in January and it was configured like that...they loved it--it seemed larger and more open.

We were at the back last year on the main deck--M261--and loved it so much that this year we requested a room at the back. We did not feel any extra motion. We wore seasick patches so had no trouble. In fact, I seem to remember that it kind of lulled us to sleep. We loved it.

Thanks!

That is the starboard side!!! Do you mean port?

Yup I did, and if i'd looked at his map it would have been clear he was on that side. I just looked at a photo of the door he said NOT to enter. I know that door is were there is a bar for the servers. Try to set near there during Cap't reception. Anyway, yes a door on both port and starboard sides. Good catch!

This will be my first time on Ecstasy - what is the secret door? Why is it a secret? Does it lead to a forward deck that not too many people know about? If so, what is on the deck? Should we go look for the door?

Thanks!

This will be my first time on Ecstasy - what is the secret door? Why is it a secret? Does it lead to a forward deck that not too many people know about? If so, what is on the deck? Should we go look for the door?

Thanks!

exactly--good guess

Is Build-A-Bear available on the Ecstasy?

Yes, Build-A-Bear is available on the Ecstasy. I believe that it is by Camp Carnival on the Verandah deck. I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong. :D

Ashley :-)

Never cruised Carnival. I know they have relaxed their dress code. Is there still a formal night on the 4 night? If so, when?

Yes, they have a formal night on 4 nighters. They call it "Elegant Night" now and "generally" it is on the first sea day....but I have seen them do it on the last sea day.

On the shorter cruises...there is a chance you will see "less" tuxes and formals...but there will be some. You will probably see mainly men in suits and ties and ladies in their "Sunday" dresses.

I always tell folks if you want to dress up...do it!! You won't look out of place .... even if there are not a lot of others.

Have a great cruise!!

I have nbot read this whole thread..but my question is for my friend. She was on this ship a year and a half ago and loved it and is going on again in two months. It looks like on the Carnival website this ship might have been redone? Is that so? If so when? She was wondering if it has been refurbished and if anything new is on it?

Yes, they have a formal night on 4 nighters. They call it "Elegant Night" now and "generally" it is on the first sea day....but I have seen them do it on the last sea day.

On the shorter cruises...there is a chance you will see "less" tuxes and formals...but there will be some. You will probably see mainly men in suits and ties and ladies in their "Sunday" dresses.

I always tell folks if you want to dress up...do it!! You won't look out of place .... even if there are not a lot of others.

Have a great cruise!!

Thanks for the information. I'm looking forward to this cruise. Very convenient for us.

I have nbot read this whole thread..but my question is for my friend. She was on this ship a year and a half ago and loved it and is going on again in two months. It looks like on the Carnival website this ship might have been redone? Is that so? If so when? She was wondering if it has been refurbished and if anything new is on it?

From the review page:

"Ecstasy has recently undergone a major refurbishment, and is offering two five-day sailings and one four-day sailing, departing Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays to Mexico from the Port of Galveston.

The refurbishment included changing and thoroughly cleaning carpets throughout the ship. Pictures on the wall are new, there are the aforementioned flat-screen televisions in all cabins, the new Carnival Comfort bedding has been installed in all cabins, and public rooms have been updated and brightened. It was a boatload of intense spring cleaning, and the ship has aged well."

Archived