Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

We just got off the Esctasy yesterday and had one of the new balcony rooms - E206. Great room. Here are some pics.

[ATTACH]155890[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155891[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155892[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155893[/ATTACH]

Great pics! Thank you. But still...how did they attach those balconies?

Great pics! Thank you. But still...how did they attach those balconies?

They literally weld on the pre-fabricated balconies, and cut windows in the hull of the ship to replace the existing ones. There are pictures out there somewhere of it being done. Pretty neat stuff!

We just got off the Esctasy yesterday and had one of the new balcony rooms - E206. Great room. Here are some pics.

[ATTACH]155890[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155891[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155892[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155893[/ATTACH]

That looks awesome!! So, can we expect a review anytime soon? I'd love to hear how your trip was. I leave on my first cruise on the Ecstasy in 12 days.

That looks awesome!! So, can we expect a review anytime soon? I'd love to hear how your trip was. I leave on my first cruise on the Ecstasy in 12 days.

No time to write a review, but it was our first cruise as well and we (dh and I) had a great time. We are trying to figure out how to take another cruise with the kids this time. Seas were calm, weather was beautiful, food was great - yes you have to try the warming chocolate melting cake (at least twice:)), our excursion in Cozumel (beach buggy and snorkling) was wonderful - just really enjoyed not being on a schedule and taxiing the kids everywhere for a few days.

is there a way to check the status of the ship before heading over to Galveston. I know that the Galveston ships frequently are delayed and I will be staying in Houston and would prefer to not go early and wait all day for a delayed ship...

is there a way to check the status of the ship before heading over to Galveston. I know that the Galveston ships frequently are delayed and I will be staying in Houston and would prefer to not go early and wait all day for a delayed ship...

You could always look at the Galveston cruise cam to see if she's docked yet. Once she dock's, figure it will take a few hours to clear the ship before they start allowing new passengers on.

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

• 1 month later...

Need to bump this thread up a little since I'm planning a cruise for next year . . .

Is one side of the ship better than the other for booking a balcony cabin? I'm mainly curious about docking in Progresso and Cozumel. Does the Ecstasy typically dock on the same side all the time or does it vary?

Need to bump this thread up a little since I'm planning a cruise for next year . . .

Is one side of the ship better than the other for booking a balcony cabin? I'm mainly curious about docking in Progresso and Cozumel. Does the Ecstasy typically dock on the same side all the time or does it vary?

we have pulled into both ports, both ways.... guess it depends on the Captian's mood....most of the time, in Progreso the back of the ship will be closest to the Cinco Solis building...

You could always look at the Galveston cruise cam to see if she's docked yet. Once she dock's, figure it will take a few hours to clear the ship before they start allowing new passengers on.

http://www.galveston.com/cruisecam/

there was a piece on the local news last night stating that the pilot boat workers did not think they would be able to get the ship in safely to the port today due to conditions in the gulf... apparantly they were correct if the webcam is up to date...

has anyone done the mexican buffet and horse show in progreso/meridia any information on the shore excursions to cozumel would be helpful as well. I am partially disabled and in a wheelchair. I can walk a little but just the least little bit wears me out.

we are trying to find some kind of excursion that I will enjoy with the least amount of hassle.

can't wait for our first cruise in jan 2011:)

we have pulled into both ports, both ways.... guess it depends on the Captian's mood....most of the time, in Progreso the back of the ship will be closest to the Cinco Solis building...

Thanks. I guess it doesn't matter which side of the ship then.

Any recommendations for decks or cabins to get (or avoid) for a balcony cabin? Just going by the deck plans it looks like deck 7 would have an issue with the lobby being so close and deck 11 has the gym right above, which makes me think deck 5 may be a winner for a quiet room.

Thanks. I guess it doesn't matter which side of the ship then.

Any recommendations for decks or cabins to get (or avoid) for a balcony cabin? Just going by the deck plans it looks like deck 7 would have an issue with the lobby being so close and deck 11 has the gym right above, which makes me think deck 5 may be a winner for a quiet room.

We just got back on Friday..the cruise was extended one day because we were unable to get into port because of weather conditions generated by Hurricane Alex. We had a balcony room on deck 5 - M126. We were very happy with this room. It was very quiet. There are staterooms above and below it. It is not too close to the elevators (but not too far). It is on the lowest level of balconies and the furtherest one back, so when looking down or towards the rear of the ship, you have clear views. Also, it seemed to be slightly larger that the other balconies because there are few extra square feet in the corner where the balcony wall is angled back and welded to the ship. I would think the balcony on the front end of the row would have this same extra room. I will try to post some pics in a few days...too busy now for a full review. We like to take the stairs instead of the elevator a lot of times, and being on deck 5 will give you a workout if you are trying to get to the lido or promenade deck on the stairs...but I needed the exercise!

We just got back on Friday..the cruise was extended one day because we were unable to get into port because of weather conditions generated by Hurricane Alex. We had a balcony room on deck 5 - M126. We were very happy with this room. It was very quiet. There are staterooms above and below it. It is not too close to the elevators (but not too far). It is on the lowest level of balconies and the furtherest one back, so when looking down or towards the rear of the ship, you have clear views. Also, it seemed to be slightly larger that the other balconies because there are few extra square feet in the corner where the balcony wall is angled back and welded to the ship. I would think the balcony on the front end of the row would have this same extra room. I will try to post some pics in a few days...too busy now for a full review. We like to take the stairs instead of the elevator a lot of times, and being on deck 5 will give you a workout if you are trying to get to the lido or promenade deck on the stairs...but I needed the exercise!

Welcome back. We just returned from the Conquest on the 27th, so we managed to stay ahead of Alex. I was following the Ecstasy's story on Thursday, though. Hope you enjoyed your extra day on the ship.

Thanks for the cabin recommendation, and I'd love to see pictures when you get a chance. I agree with you on taking the stairs as much as possible. Aside from lifting a fork or glass to my mouth, taking the stairs was about the only exercise I got for the week!

hey everyone! Just got back from our "cruise to nowhere." We were able to jump on the boat Friday at the very last minute due to the change in itinerary. It was an awesome weekend. I didn't see the Behind the Scenes tour available, but we did see the desk where you can book your next cruise. I figured since I already have 3 booked I ought to leave well enough alone!

It turned out to be a great Fourth of July weekend for us. We had no plans going into the weekend, so everything just kind of fell into place for us to go this weekend!

I have Fun Times if anyone wants them, but I just don't know what kind of help they'll be since you never know when this kind of thing will come up again.

hey everyone! Just got back from our "cruise to nowhere." We were able to jump on the boat Friday at the very last minute due to the change in itinerary. It was an awesome weekend. I didn't see the Behind the Scenes tour available, but we did see the desk where you can book your next cruise. I figured since I already have 3 booked I ought to leave well enough alone!

It turned out to be a great Fourth of July weekend for us. We had no plans going into the weekend, so everything just kind of fell into place for us to go this weekend!

I have Fun Times if anyone wants them, but I just don't know what kind of help they'll be since you never know when this kind of thing will come up again.

Lucky you!!

My PVP quoted me a KILLER rate for the CTN but we couldn't find anyone to take care of the dog... foo...

I'm betting it was a great party!

:D

[quote name='Ship Addict']hey everyone! Just got back from our "cruise to nowhere." We were able to jump on the boat Friday at the very last minute due to the change in itinerary. It was an awesome weekend. I didn't see the Behind the Scenes tour available, but we did see the desk where you can book your next cruise. I figured since I already have 3 booked I ought to leave well enough alone!

I have Fun Times if anyone wants them, but I just don't know what kind of help they'll be since you never know when this kind of thing will come up again.[/quote]

We were also on the CTN. My mother & I did the behind the scene tour of the boat and it was fantastic! I asked Guest Services if they had any openings late Day 1 (after there was no line). There were only 5 of us in the group tour.. I highly recommend it on your future cruise.

We, too, were on the cruise to nowhere. Got a call Thursday night (late) from our PVP and left early Friday morning. Booked on the way to Galveston. We drove through torrents of rain most of the way but were onboard by 3 pm. It was a wonderful cruise. Our third time on the Ecstasy but first time since her dry dock and Waterworks. We had perfect weather!! :D

• 3 months later...

Archived