Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

[quote name='parentsof5']Can someone tell me about the behind the scenes tour? What do you get to see? Do you get to see anything to do with the engines?[/quote]
We took the Behind the Fun tour on Carnival Ecstasy in August. Sign up early for it at the excursion desk. It was $55 each--no cameras and cell phones allowed. There is lots of walking, so wear comfortable sneakers. We were taken backstage in the main lounge where one of the dancers explained how costume changes are done and how the shows are produced. We went thru the galley where the chef explained everything about how the meals are prepared and delivered. We went below the lowest deck for cabins to see how the laundry is done. We were impressed with the machines that automatically fold sheets and towels. We were taken into the engine control room where the ship's engineer explained how the ship is powered and manuevered. We went thru several large refrigerators and freezers where all the meat and other foods are stored and were shown how first preparation is done before food is sent up for final cooking. We went in exclusive crew areas and saw how they lived and played when not on duty (for instance, there's a pool table in the crew lounge--they have their own bar there also). Finally, we toured the bridge where our picture was taken with the captain. At the end, we were given a cap and lanyard. When we got back to our cabin, a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries and the recipe for the warm chocolate melting cake was there compliments of the chef. Over all the 3-hour tour was well worth the price. We saw parts of the ship passengers never get to see. It opens your eyes to another world that goes on behind the scenes and show you what it takes to make a really great cruise experience.

Here's hoping your next cruies is a great one. Bon Voyage!

[quote name='forwardcabin']We took the Behind the Fun tour on Carnival Ecstasy in August. Sign up early for it at the excursion desk. It was $55 each--no cameras and cell phones allowed. There is lots of walking, so wear comfortable sneakers. We were taken backstage in the main lounge where one of the dancers explained how costume changes are done and how the shows are produced. We went thru the galley where the chef explained everything about how the meals are prepared and delivered. We went below the lowest deck for cabins to see how the laundry is done. We were impressed with the machines that automatically fold sheets and towels. We were taken into the engine control room where the ship's engineer explained how the ship is powered and manuevered. We went thru several large refrigerators and freezers where all the meat and other foods are stored and were shown how first preparation is done before food is sent up for final cooking. We went in exclusive crew areas and saw how they lived and played when not on duty (for instance, there's a pool table in the crew lounge--they have their own bar there also). Finally, we toured the bridge where our picture was taken with the captain. At the end, we were given a cap and lanyard. When we got back to our cabin, a plate of chocolate-covered strawberries and the recipe for the warm chocolate melting cake was there compliments of the chef. Over all the 3-hour tour was well worth the price. We saw parts of the ship passengers never get to see. It opens your eyes to another world that goes on behind the scenes and show you what it takes to make a really great cruise experience.

Here's hoping your next cruies is a great one. Bon Voyage![/QUOTE]
This tour sounds like a must do..

[quote name='rjsal1218'] What are the changes we can expect?

[/quote]

They added the new waterworks.
[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d927b3127ccefad8d956d85f00000030O00QZNGrZm3bsQe3nww/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG]

and changed the Lido Deck

[IMG]http://im1.shutterfly.com/media/47a0d927b3127ccefad91f71f85700000030O00QZNGrZm3bsQe3nww/cC/f%3D0/ps%3D50/r%3D0/rx%3D550/ry%3D400/[/IMG]

There was a late night buffet on the Lido Deck aft from 10:30-Midnight but cannot tell you about it as we did not go. They did away with the Grand Gala Buffet on all ships a while back.
Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='uhswim']We just got off the Esctasy yesterday and had one of the new balcony rooms - E206. Great room. Here are some pics.
[ATTACH]155890[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155891[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155892[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]155893[/ATTACH][/quote]

[quote name='kwbound']We just got back on Friday..the cruise was extended one day because we were unable to get into port because of weather conditions generated by Hurricane Alex. We had a balcony room on deck 5 - M126. We were very happy with this room. It was very quiet. There are staterooms above and below it. It is not too close to the elevators (but not too far). It is on the lowest level of balconies and the furtherest one back, so when looking down or towards the rear of the ship, you have clear views. Also, it seemed to be slightly larger that the other balconies because there are few extra square feet in the corner where the balcony wall is angled back and welded to the ship. I would think the balcony on the front end of the row would have this same extra room. I will try to post some pics in a few days...too busy now for a full review. We like to take the stairs instead of the elevator a lot of times, and being on deck 5 will give you a workout if you are trying to get to the lido or promenade deck on the stairs...but I needed the exercise![/quote]

Yes! Some good info, thanks to both of you for sharing! My mom & I decided to take a 5 day on the Ecstasy later next year & are about to book, but I wanted to research the balcony cabins before we picked one. The pictures help, thanks!

[quote name='rjsal1218']We are going on the Ecstasy in Feb. 2011. We took our first (and only) cruise on her in June 2008. What are the changes we can expect?

I saw there is no more midnight buffet. What else is different? Any help is appreciated! Thanks![/quote]

We sailed Ecstasy Feb 2010 and they still had the midnight buffets. When did they stop. We are sailing her again in Feb 2011 for the last time before she changes port.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='3GrayCats']Just booked stateroom #U101. I remember seeing a post re a room numbered U - something. Any comments would be appreciated. Should U101 be okay?[/quote]

I know I saw pics of a U cabin somewhere, LOL, may have been on the cruiselinerooms website though, can't remember if it was here. There aren't many balcony pictures of the Ecstasy on CC. Try U206 here, that may be it.

[quote name='chantelle72']We are booked in U114 Nov 18th, anyone have pics, also did I read somewhere that when you book a suite you get priority boarding? We also have 2 oceanview rooms booked, do they get priority boarding to since they are part of our group? Thanks[/quote]

I'm not exactly sure on answering your question, other than I know the suite gets VIP boarding, don't know on the rest of your group though, sorry. Hopefully someone will pop in & answer for you.

Does anyone know if there are safes in the rooms? Are they done by using the cards with a magnetic strips? Or keys? Thanks

[quote name='JRock59']U239 [URL]http://www.********************/view_room.php?r_id=6612[/URL]

Yes there's a safe in each cabin and they are the one where you pick a four diget number for your combo. No card needed.[/quote]

Thanks so much for the answer!

• 1 month later...
Hey y'all! Just booked 1st cruise for my family; DH & me (39) & DDs, 16 & 7 for March 18, 2011 on the Ecstasy.

Really excited on one hand.... 7 yr old has asked forever to "go cruising". She's adventurous, fearless, etc... ya know, the kid us moms are always scared will go off w/ a stranger?! The 16 yr old is excited, but a little apprehensive, I believe (she's not one to complain) about if there'll truly be stuff that she'll enjoy. DH & I have traveled some, did Mexico a couple of years ago... I'M looking forward to the idea of chilling on a deck chair w/ a good book. DH's more active, so need to check into some things for him to keep him smiling!

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.... gonna be trolling through quite a bit, I'm sure, in the next couple of months!

Thanks y'all!

[quote name='cruisenub']Booked to cruise on Oct 8th 2011. We have cabin R107 4B. Looking for a wonderful time. This is our first cruise. My parents have been on 5 cruise's and say we will be addicted :) I sure hope so!

Any advice about this ship would be appreciated.[/quote]

Yep, you will be addicted, LOL! I was before I even actually sailed after reading & researching & getting excited before hand. :)

[quote name='jamibc']Hey y'all! Just booked 1st cruise for my family; DH & me (39) & DDs, 16 & 7 for March 18, 2011 on the Ecstasy.

Really excited on one hand.... 7 yr old has asked forever to "go cruising". She's adventurous, fearless, etc... ya know, the kid us moms are always scared will go off w/ a stranger?! The 16 yr old is excited, but a little apprehensive, I believe (she's not one to complain) about if there'll truly be stuff that she'll enjoy. DH & I have traveled some, did Mexico a couple of years ago... I'M looking forward to the idea of chilling on a deck chair w/ a good book. DH's more active, so need to check into some things for him to keep him smiling!

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great.... gonna be trolling through quite a bit, I'm sure, in the next couple of months!

Thanks y'all![/quote]

Will be lots of fun! Our kids can't wait to cruise with us, we will be taking them next year. I've been on the Conquest & next up for me is the Ecstasy, I can't wait!

[quote name='jamibc']Hey y'all! I'M looking forward to the idea of chilling on a deck chair w/ a good book. DH's more active, so need to check into some things for him to keep him smiling.[/quote]

Hi jamibc - glad you found this thread! I hope we run into each other on the ship - and our families have similiar interests because I need my DH - who HATES to sit around - needs to be kept busy. That is the one worry when we cruised before and for this trip!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived