Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Anybody book the new itinerary out of Port Canaveral yet? I'm looking at the first trip from there, leaving 11/7. My family lives in central Florida so I can spend the weekend with them, then cruise for the week (Veterans Day 11/11 is a holiday for me) and get back with a day to spare before back-to-work.

Any Ecstasy fans out there? I've sailed 3 Fantasy-class ships - they ain't what they used to be, but they're still fun and the price is right! :)

We're booked on the December 15th cruise for this year out of Port Canaveral. I've sailed on the Fantasy before but this will be my first trip on the Ecstasy. :) The price was just too good to pass up!

Sailing on the Ecstasy in July 2012 on a four night. Usually a DCL cruiser. Travelling with 10 family members ranging in age from 66 - 7 yrs old. We have cabins M210, M214 and M218. Hoping the cabins are located in a good quiet location. Does the Ecstasy have a family atmosphere?

Sailing on the Ecstasy in July 2012 on a four night. Usually a DCL cruiser. Travelling with 10 family members ranging in age from 66 - 7 yrs old. We have cabins M210, M214 and M218. Hoping the cabins are located in a good quiet location. Does the Ecstasy have a family atmosphere?

We were on the Ecstasy last week. I would say it was very family friendly. There were a bunch of kids. I asked if they liked Camp Carnival and they all seemed to. One mother said that the child only cried when he had to leave it!

About your location, check the deck plans and what is above/below you. We were once in M233 and it was very quiet.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just returned from our 1st cruise! Ecstacy was a nice ship, but I was honestly disappointed with the service in the dining room. After our 1st night we really didn't think we would be returning. We had to flag down one of the servers to ask for water, and bread. We were mostly ignored the entire dinner. We did try again for breakfast and lunch over the next couple of days and service was greatly improved. Has anyone else felt the same???

Hi all-

We just returned on the 13th. It was somewhat last minute-- inside guarantee. We couldn't turn down the price- and managed to get off work etc. We were given Cabin E-80. This was a handicapped access. room. Overall, it was a great location and cabin, however we had never been in a handicap cabin. There was no separation from the shower to the rest of the bathroom-- so it was like the whole bathroom was a shower room! :) The steward would try to "wad" up a couple of towels in attempt to keep the water on the side with the drain.... but needless to say our bathroom floor stayed pretty wet regardless of how we tried to keep the shower water on that side! Re: dining room service... since it was last minute we had no choice of time-- and were given a large table at 8:15pm.... I went to look for the Maitre D-- after we boarded.... literally ran into him and he was so kind and was able to give us a table for 2. The table was somewhat smacked in the middle of 2 large groups of diverse passengers!:) Which made for some great people watching! Anyway... the service was EXCELLENT! We had wonderful waiters. Only one night they were a bit slow with water and bread... but they had another table full of children that were taking alot of their time and attention. Overall, we enjoyed the Ecstasy! If the price was right- we would go again.

• 3 weeks later...

I just found this thread with the Search feature -- (it worked for once!)

I saw on another post that Ecstasy was delayed leaving Port Canaveral Nov 7th due to high winds and rough seas = TS Sean. Hope all is well with their cruise once they got out of home port.

Hi all-

We just returned on the 13th. It was somewhat last minute-- inside guarantee. We couldn't turn down the price- and managed to get off work etc. We were given Cabin E-80. This was a handicapped access. room. Overall, it was a great location and cabin, however we had never been in a handicap cabin. There was no separation from the shower to the rest of the bathroom-- so it was like the whole bathroom was a shower room! :) The steward would try to "wad" up a couple of towels in attempt to keep the water on the side with the drain.... but needless to say our bathroom floor stayed pretty wet regardless of how we tried to keep the shower water on that side! Re: dining room service... since it was last minute we had no choice of time-- and were given a large table at 8:15pm.... I went to look for the Maitre D-- after we boarded.... literally ran into him and he was so kind and was able to give us a table for 2. The table was somewhat smacked in the middle of 2 large groups of diverse passengers!:) Which made for some great people watching! Anyway... the service was EXCELLENT! We had wonderful waiters. Only one night they were a bit slow with water and bread... but they had another table full of children that were taking alot of their time and attention. Overall, we enjoyed the Ecstasy! If the price was right- we would go again.

We are going to be in E78, I wonder if this is a handicap room too? Anybody know?:confused:

Let me go back and check my Funtimes... I believe there WAS Laser Tag listed, though I didn't participate.

I just sailed on the Ecstasy and I do not know what night but one night they did have laser tag! :) It was in the I want to say in the Blue Sapphire Theater.

Let me go back and check my Funtimes... I believe there WAS Laser Tag listed, though I didn't participate.

Lazer tag was held on the 4th day of our cruise, right after we left Cozumel. It was in the Blue Sapphire Lounge from 4:30-5:30.

Good luck, and have fun!!!

I just sailed on the Ecstasy and I do not know what night but one night they did have laser tag! :) It was in the I want to say in the Blue Sapphire Theater.

So, proudaunt, did you eat in the MDR often and what did you think of the food?

This seems to be the current question. Would love to hear your impressions of not only the food but the entire cruise and ship!

Thanks! We've got 9 days to go....

Sorry for not reading back through 1,300 posts to see if this was asked/answered before so here goes.

Anyone know if they do the Lazer Tag on this ship??

Someone answered no to this question. The answer is Yes. Just got off the ship today, the 17th, it's was on the 16th, in Blue Sapphire, 10:30 to 11:30 P.M.

So, proudaunt, did you eat in the MDR often and what did you think of the food?

This seems to be the current question. Would love to hear your impressions of not only the food but the entire cruise and ship!

Thanks! We've got 9 days to go....

Just on from 12th to 17th. Thought it was very well kept for an old ship. I see there's dining room complaints. My server was top of the line in service and personality. The ship was immaculate.

Fair warning. We came from Nassau to Key West. Our dock was on the Navy base, maybe that's why so much security. Had to line up, go through security check with passports etc just to get off the ship. They obviously have not figured out a better system for this, took well over an hour. Irate passengers! Trollies take you to Duval area and back. Upon return to the base, immigration boarded the trolley and we had to pull out our citizenship proof again to get through the gate. When we sailed in, I was amazed, the coast guard had at least 2 boats patrolling the waters, with what appeared to be a machine gun at the bow of each. I have no idea why.

Thanks, ruthlessboss. You just got off the ship today - It's good to get up to date info. So, sounds like you needed to have your passport with you in Key West? We usually take a photocopy of our passport info page and leave the originals on the ship in the safe.

Archived