Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

We'll be sailing on Ecstacy on Aug 20 with friends and would like to pop open some bubbly during sail-away. Can anyone recommend a good spot to do this? On past cruises (Jubilee & Celebration) we were able to find far-forward areas with nice views and where there weren't too many people to bother with our revelry...

Thanks!
~txcruzr

[quote name='monakayk'][COLOR=Purple]OK found these photos over at Webshots of the bunk bed-cabins:

[URL]http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1437718075077050424RCYaIX[/URL]

[URL]http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1437717595077050424qANZSE[/URL]

You can see the entire album with photos of the Ecstasy here also:

[URL]http://travel.webshots.com/album/437699893mtxsdU[/URL]

Below my signature are links to my own photos of the ship and a review of my trip on the Ecstasy. Hope you have a great trip!:D[/COLOR][/quote]

Only problem is that these were taken before the retrofit following the hurricane duty in NOLA. The cabins no longer look that way.

[quote name='txcruzr']We'll be sailing on Ecstacy on Aug 20 with friends and would like to pop open some bubbly during sail-away. Can anyone recommend a good spot to do this? On past cruises (Jubilee & Celebration) we were able to find far-forward areas with nice views and where there weren't too many people to bother with our revelry...

Thanks!
~txcruzr[/quote]

Well, I'd be careful if your going to use 'smuggled' bottles. They will frown on glass bottles on most decks. Maybe pop them in the cabin then go on deck. Be sure to watch for the dolphins when leaving Galveston harbor. Enjoy your cruise.

[quote name='Snoozeman']Well, I'd be careful if your going to use 'smuggled' bottles. They will frown on glass bottles on most decks. Maybe pop them in the cabin then go on deck. Be sure to watch for the dolphins when leaving Galveston harbor. Enjoy your cruise.[/QUOTE]
We carried the bottles on last time - wine was allowed, and I'm assuming it still is - so hopefully that will be OK.

Thanks for the heads-up about the glass on deck. We plan on having the bottles in a soft-sided cooler, so can 'contain' them.

[quote name='txcruzr']We carried the bottles on last time - wine was allowed, and I'm assuming it still is - so hopefully that will be OK.

Thanks for the heads-up about the glass on deck. We plan on having the bottles in a soft-sided cooler, so can 'contain' them.[/quote]

If its not in open view your probably fine.

There is a 'secret door' on Ecstasy that will take you to a forward deck. Very few pax there. It's above crew deck, but below the bridge so be careful with the bottles there if you use that space. Find the door starboard side, forward, to the side of the stage in the theater.

For those that will port in Progreso, and with the aid of Stircrazy, I've now posted four galleries of photos of Merida, Progreso, Chichen Itza and Uxmal. The photos demonstrate just how different the Yucatan is from Cancun, Cozumel or border towns.

[quote name='txcruzr']Does anyone know where the connecting doors are in the cabin? We have connecting rooms booked and I'm thinking we'll lose some closet/shelf space. Anyone on this board been in one?

Thanks![/quote]

you won't lose any space other than wall space:)

[quote name='Snoozeman']If its not in open view your probably fine.

There is a 'secret door' on Ecstasy that will take you to a forward deck. Very few pax there. It's above crew deck, but below the bridge so be careful with the bottles there if you use that space. Find the door starboard side, forward, to the side of the stage in the theater.[/quote]

told it was a "crew only" area. They were very nice about it and were smiling. I think they knew that I knew.:D

Steve

[quote name='Princess Ethel']Hubby & I (both mid 40's no kids) booked this for our first ever cruise. Would love experienced cruisers insight, tips etc.[/quote]
my husband & i are booked for 8/25 cruise - have never been on a cruise before & are very excited! We need insight too - am enjoying reading the board.

Wife and I did our first cruise on our Honeymoon a few years back. On our second outing I lived on discussion boards like this for tips and info. We're heading out on the Ecstasy at the end of July and am learning much just hanging out here.
Take care!
-D

I'm thinking of going on the Ecstasy for a 5 day cruise starting 1/12/08 for my 2nd cruise, but given the time of year, how likely is it that there be enough passengers to keep the trip from being cancelled?

[quote name='Stircrzy']They'll be plenty of people then. I like to cruise the first week of January!

No worries...the ship WILL sail! :D[/quote]

Thanks for that!

I'm considering booking the Main or Upper deck (I prefer a cabin with pax decks above and below). What are those decks like?

[quote name='TexBear']Thanks for that!

I'm considering booking the Main or Upper deck (I prefer a cabin with pax decks above and below). What are those decks like?[/quote]

I generally book the Upper Deck, mid ship. I like those quiet decks!

Easy access to stairs and elevators!

[quote name='viciouslysh']Just got a quote for the Ecstacy for cabin E230 which is at the very back of this ship, port side window. I have always stayed near the mid front. Any opinions on this cabin? Thank you![/quote]

was near the back, starboard side (E195, E235, U195). We have never had any problems with noise or vibration (only a little when the ship is docking). We like staying in that area.

Steve

[quote name='viciouslysh']Just got a quote for the Ecstacy for cabin E230 which is at the very back of this ship, port side window. I have always stayed near the mid front. Any opinions on this cabin? Thank you![/quote]

I've only sailed once, on the Conquest, but I really liked the Empress Deck, cabin 7343, because it was just barely aft, and near elevators, stairs, and laundry.

Does the Ecstasy have self-serve laundry service?

[quote name='TexBear']I've only sailed once, on the Conquest, but I really liked the Empress Deck, cabin 7343, because it was just barely aft, and near elevators, stairs, and laundry.

Does the Ecstasy have self-serve laundry service?[/quote]

Yes...one on Upper Deck across from U152-154, and I'm not sure where the others are.

[quote name='hdawson']Stircrazy. Sure hope you aren't effected by the rains/floods.[/quote]

Thanks for your concern, H.

I'm southwest of Houston, Texas on 45 well-drained acres. So far we're missing the bad stuff.

Archived