Ecstasy-Only Thread! Ask questions and post info. here!

pbeachbum

H, you need to add your photos to your signature so that people can find 'em.

Open the User CP at top left of page, click on "edit signature", scroll down to the box mid page on the right, and add in the signature box:

Progreso, Merida, Chichen Itza, Uxmal Photos

highlight the above and click on the little globe link above. In the box that opens type in the address :

http://hdawson.photosite.com

click OK.

You could also add the link for the Yucatan board.

MrsAggie. There's a problem? We're just trying to let people know about an Ecstacy port of call, which to enjoy to it's fullest, needs a bit of research. Its called sharing information and experiences.

Didn't this used to be an Ecstacy thread?

Christy

...and it still is an Ecstasy thread!

When Hdawson gets his signature fixed up, you will be able to access the wonderful photos of the Progreso-Merida area from his posts. Viewing the photos will give you options to explore in the area you'll be visiting.

Be happy, MrsAggie...we're just trying to enhance your experience.

I'm taking my 7th Ecstasy cruise in less than two weeks! :D

...and it still is an Ecstasy thread!

I'm taking my 7th Ecstasy cruise in less than two weeks! :D

And we will be a couple of weeks after you. :)

We have really enjoyed this thread. Sure there is info about the ship, but also the ports of call.

Which when you think about it is one of the reasons we chose this one.

There really ought to be threads like this for each ship. IMHO.

Ernie

huskerdude. Great idea. I think this has been an excellent and informative thread. Evidently, many others do too. There's more to consider than how to smuggle booze, beat the dress standards or manage to hog the pool side loungers.

They had it around lunch time , I believe on the last sea day. It was yummy. Not as many selection as the Conquest, but still very good. They offered many dark chocolate cakes, there was even some sugar free desserts.

I just checked my docs on Carnival's web site and our OV Guarantee "to-be-determined" room # is now E50!:) It is still a couple of months out (9/22), and I know we can still be moved, but....I am SOOO excited!! Does anyone know if this is a good location?

I just checked my docs on Carnival's web site and our OV Guarantee "to-be-determined" room # is now E50!:) It is still a couple of months out (9/22), and I know we can still be moved, but....I am SOOO excited!! Does anyone know if this is a good location?

Looks like you're right under the port side shop and/or card room...not so bad. At least you're not under the stage!! :eek:

Hi!

We are cruising the Ecstasy on July 14 (less than a week!) and have never sailed CCL before....

How closely do they search your bags for smuggled alcohol? Do they allow you to bring personal coolers on board? Was thinking a layer of bottles, ice and then bottled water on top - would be tough to search to the bottom...

What parking lot would you recommend in the Galveston area? We are thinking EZ parking - thoughts?

Is there a "clothing optional" deck on the Ecstasy? Or at least topless?

Thanks!

Hi!

We are cruising the Ecstasy on July 14 (less than a week!) and have never sailed CCL before....

How closely do they search your bags for smuggled alcohol?

Some get caught, some do not...

Do they allow you to bring personal coolers on board?

yes

Was thinking a layer of bottles, ice and then bottled water on top - would be tough to search to the bottom...

No ice allowed. They'll dump it out before they take the cooler aboard.

What parking lot would you recommend in the Galveston area? We are thinking EZ parking - thoughts?

I use Lighthouse Parking.

Is there a "clothing optional" deck on the Ecstasy? Or at least topless?

Not any longer.

Thanks!

Have fun! And don't tear up the ship....I sail on the 19th.

They had it around lunch time , I believe on the last sea day. It was yummy. Not as many selection as the Conquest, but still very good. They offered many dark chocolate cakes, there was even some sugar free desserts.

Thank you! And I love ya'lls pics! Thanks for posting them!

Looks like you're right under the port side shop and/or card room...not so bad. At least you're not under the stage!! :eek:

Location, location, location.

On our Rhapsody cruise we had this great huge corner aft balcony room that was just great....

Except it was right above the stage in the show lounge in the back of the ship.:eek:

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, until midnight every night. Was not horrible but it can get on your nerve's.

Now when we book we make sure to look what's above us & below us. :D

Does the arcade cost money? If so, does it take cash or S&S card? We were not planning on activating our DD and DS S&S cards.

Also, my 12 yo DD will be in the 12-15 group. Will she use Club O2?

I am so glad I discovered the CC boards. I really appreciate all of the help (and entertainment) I have gotten from everyone who posts here. We sail on Saturday and I am so excited!!! :D

Does the arcade cost money? If so, does it take cash or S&S card? We were not planning on activating our DD and DS S&S cards.

I am so glad I discovered the CC boards. I really appreciate all of the help (and entertainment) I have gotten from everyone who posts here. We sail on Saturday and I am so excited!!! :D

You get tokens using your S&S card. You get bonus tokens by charging over a certain amount, Don't recall the amount. Good luck.

Location, location, location.

On our Rhapsody cruise we had this great huge corner aft balcony room that was just great....

Except it was right above the stage in the show lounge in the back of the ship.:eek:

THUMP, THUMP, THUMP, until midnight every night. Was not horrible but it can get on your nerve's.

Now when we book we make sure to look what's above us & below us. :D

The balcony makes it worth it. Really only bad on Quest night and karaoke finals night. I'll be in it again on 8/26.

The balcony makes it worth it. Really only bad on Quest night and karaoke finals night. I'll be in it again on 8/26.

Snoozeman,

And we would book it again in a heart beat if we had the chance. :D

Of course Rhapsody is headed to the other side of the world before to long. :(

It truly was an awesome balcony, our first and only one so far.

We had cabin #7152

(There are a couple of pics in my link below)

Ernie

We took our twins boys a few weeks ago and they loved it. Age 12. They didn't like camp carnival too much, we stayed at the pool mostly during the day and they loved the ping pong (one level up) and the mini golf....we just made them let us know where they were going and check in alot. We did buy the soda cards for them,,$20 (if i recall correct) and it was well worth it. At home I limit the soda to one a day but your on vacation. Let me know if you have any other questions...

oh, take post it notes so you can leave notes for each other if you leave the room...

at walmart for .97 cents in the mens wallet area i found the most awesome clips for their soda cards and s&s cards...it has a metal belt clip on it with a retractable cord...will never sail without them again...didn't have to worry about them keeping up with their stuff..i did pick up an extra one and good thing one of them broke...

have fun...

shannon

We took our twins boys a few weeks ago and they loved it. Age 12. They didn't like camp carnival too much, we stayed at the pool mostly during the day and they loved the ping pong (one level up) and the mini golf....we just made them let us know where they were going and check in alot. We did buy the soda cards for them,,$20 (if i recall correct) and it was well worth it. At home I limit the soda to one a day but your on vacation. Let me know if you have any other questions...

oh, take post it notes so you can leave notes for each other if you leave the room...

at walmart for .97 cents in the mens wallet area i found the most awesome clips for their soda cards and s&s cards...it has a metal belt clip on it with a retractable cord...will never sail without them again...didn't have to worry about them keeping up with their stuff..i did pick up an extra one and good thing one of them broke...

have fun...

shannon

Thanks so much for your help. I just got in from Walmart, and I thought it was my last trip before we leave on Saturday, but I will go again!!! I also need to get bigger insulated cups there!

I know my daughter will want to be at the pool a lot, as well as miniature golf! I think there is an afternoon tea on sea days, so I know she will want to do that too! My son is 17, and there is no telling what he will find that he likes, but between arcade, guitar hero, pool and slide, miniature golf, and everything else, I know he will find something! They are both looking forward to their first cruise!!!

When we were on the Ecstacy a couple weeks ago we came across some stairs with a gate at the top that read "Only 21 or older allowed past this point". The stairs were next to the basketball and volleyball court at the very back of the ship. I assumed that area was top optional.:eek:

Christy

Archived