Celebration-Please Help

TXSailor

Hi:

We will be sailing on the Celebration in a couple of weeks. We have never been on Carnival, muchless the Celebration. It is a 5 night cruise and we don't know what to expect. Is there a formal night on this 5 nighter? What about theme nights/parties? I ask, so that I can pack the proper clothes.

Anyone's input will be greatly appreciated.

Fausto

There won't be any theme nights. There's just one formal night on a five night cruise. I thought that people might not dress up as much on a five night cruise, but the % that dressed up seemed the same as usual.

The other four nights are casual. Saw more jeans in the dining room than I have on other cruises. But, Dockers & polo-style shirts were the norm in the evening for the guys. I wear a casual summer dress or dockers & a nice top on Carnival casual nights. I dress the same way on Carnival that I do on RCI.

Celebration definitely felt much more casual than my other cruises. I think that's because the vast majority of passenger are from TX and OK. Passengers on this cruise were by far the most friendly and fun bunch I've ever cruised with. I've enjoyed all my cruises, but Celebration was definitely the most fun.

One thing about Carnival ships if you're used to RCI, the decor is very different. I much prefer RCI decor, which IMO is a lot classier. I was glad that I'd braced myself for the change. In other ways, I think Carnival is as good or better than RCI.

Hope you have a great time!

I just returned from the Celebration.

There is only one formal night, and it is the second night.

Otherwise, it is casual in the dining room, but they ask you not to wear shorts or jeans to dinner.

No theme nights.

If you have any other questions about the Celebration, let me know.

Hi:

Thanks for your responses. Several more questions. I've been on the Rhapsody of the Seas lately, and I just wanted to know if on the Celebration, there was:

a poolside bar

a poolside band

whacky poolside contests....horse races, belly flop, etc...

good quality broadway style shows

24 hour food...besides room service

Carnival clothing/towels, etc... in gift shop(s)?

tuxedo rentals onboard

Captain's Reception/Welcome Aboard Party

Thanks

Fausto

hi! we just got back from our first cruise, the celebration on on july 31. I have a review posted under the reviews here, and you can see our pics at http://www.cruise-addicts.com under their photo gallery section, it is called Carnival Celebration 7-26-04, maybe that would help. There is a bar by the pool, a guy who plays the steel drum allday by the pool, 24 hr pizza which is very good, they do a few different midnite buffets, one is out by the pool one night, the ship was very nice and we liked all the shows. the magic/comedy show was kinda hokey but still entertaining. You should have a great trip, I wish were going again!!

Fausto, it's Julie from the Rhapsody board....hey, just wanted to let you know that DH rented a tuxedo on our first cruise which was on Carnival and the tux was waiting in our cabin when we boarded. It fit perfectly....better than the tux that he rented when his oldest daughter got married! So much easier than packing a suit in my opinion!

Archived