Help! HORSEBACK RIDING IN GRAND CAYMAN!

PrincessFallon

Hello Everyone!

This is my very first post here =0)

I am going on the Carnival Inspiration on May 7th and one of our stops is @ Grand Cayman. I am VERY into Horseback Riding and have always wanted to ride on the beach. I did some research online (because carnival does not offer this excursion and i also heard from friends that doing excursions NOT thru carnival is normally cheaper) and I found this website that offers the riding. But..There is no phone # for me to call and conform and I sent them an email saying when I would be there and they offer pick up @ 9:30AM (we are to arrive there at 7am) but they need a 20% deposit down for the rides. I just don't feel right giving out my credit card to some random place. Ya know? The one I want to do is the ride where you can take the horse in the water and its 125 per person.

I was wondering if ANYONE has done any horseback riding and can let me know where to go or who to use? I have been trying to plan this for so long and it is all I am looking forward to as far as excursions go =0)

Any help or advice would be GREAT!

Thanks All!

In Grand Cayman there are a couple of established operators. Pampered Ponies is one, and Honeysuckle is the other. Both have been in business a long time and are reputable operations.

Pampered Ponies

345-945-2262

345-916-2540 (cell)

Honeysuckle

345-949-7324

345-916-5420 (cell)

Here is the website for Pampered Ponies

I had a ride booked with them last October....made it all the way to the ranch - but then it started pouring rain with thunder so my ride got cancelled.

They picked me up in town near Hammerheads. They dropped me back off more in the middle of town because of the rain (they usually like to stay on the "fringes" of town when ships are in port due to the heavier foot traffic along with regulat traffic).

All they wanted was a credit card number to reserve a spot on the ride (I called them to make my reservation). Since I never got to ride - no charge. I did make sure to tip the lady that picked me up and brought me back though - thought that was the right thing to do at least.

Hope you get to ride with them. I'm going to be there again in August and am planning on trying again (hopefully it won't be raining).

• 3 weeks later...
Anyone have any more info about riding horses on the beach?

We snorkled and sting rayed last year and wanted to try something different.

We were also considering SeaSpi.

See my post above with the link. :)

we were in grand cayman last winter and went riding with pampered ponies. we have horses at home and go riding on most vacations. the horses were well taken care of. we rode along the beach and in the water about 2 feet. we had tried to book their swim with the horses option however the week we were there the water was to rough to take the horses in. it was great we galloped along the beach, we had to do it one at the time as they said the horses would take off if we all ran together. it was just my family and a couple, the man in the couple was in med school on the island, had never ridden before and fell off. they took him by car back to the ranch and treated him well. i think it is a great option. next time i home to swim with the horses.

we were in grand cayman last winter and went riding with pampered ponies. we have horses at home and go riding on most vacations. the horses were well taken care of. we rode along the beach and in the water about 2 feet. we had tried to book their swim with the horses option however the week we were there the water was to rough to take the horses in. it was great we galloped along the beach, we had to do it one at the time as they said the horses would take off if we all ran together. it was just my family and a couple, the man in the couple was in med school on the island, had never ridden before and fell off. they took him by car back to the ranch and treated him well. i think it is a great option. next time i home to swim with the horses.

Thank you, THIS was the info I was looking for: Not a biased company link :)

cant recall for sure. but i think it was about $100 each. it is always hard for me to pay it as we have many horses at home and spend nearly every weekend at rodeos or barrel races. but my daughter loves it so we go. they take pictures and the beach is full or large conch shells etc. it is quite a undeveloped beach. if i knew how to include a picture of the horses i would but i am rather spazzy with the computer

cant recall for sure. but i think it was about $100 each. it is always hard for me to pay it as we have many horses at home and spend nearly every weekend at rodeos or barrel races. but my daughter loves it so we go. they take pictures and the beach is full or large conch shells etc. it is quite a undeveloped beach. if i knew how to include a picture of the horses i would but i am rather spazzy with the computer

I agree with it being hard to pay, there are many places around us that we could go horseback riding, but none on the beach so that is the draw for us. I really want to be able to take the horses swimming, every time we try to book the excursion either the port is cancelled, or the weather is not good...:p

my husband is 6'5" and weighs at least 225 and no one asked him or questioned him. these are sturdy horses. they can handle someone weighing 250 no problem. unless you are obvoiously over the limit they wont ask. i think it is just a caveat in case someone arrives that would be too large. 250lbs no problem,

Archived