3 hrs before flight

Karysa

When flying from Canada to the US we are asked to arrive at the airport 3 hrs ahead. My question is when we are flying back from FLL and our connection is in Detroit even though we are Canadians would this be considered a domestic flight and therefore arriving at the airport 2 hrs ahead would be o.k.? My guess is yes, but I have been wrong before. We dock in Miami and our flight from FLL leaves at 1pm. I figure we will be ok if we have to be there by 11am but 10am may be pushing it. Thanks in advance for any help offered.

But we are travelling from FLL to Detroit do you know what the time allowed should be then?
Any flight that originates and terminates in the US is a domestic flight. FLL to DTW is no different than Boise to Topeka:D

You may want to check the web site for your airline's recommendation. FLL is a real zoo when the ships are in port. Last cruise we had plenty of time, waited in line to check in only to be told that we were too early and could not check in.

Meanwhile, the airline people where shuttling late arrivals ("My flight leaves in 20 minutes") to the head of the line.

Someone from the airport told us to go outside and use the curbside checkin as they were allowed to process checkins up to 4 hours early. We were allowed to check in and at least didn't have to drag all of our luggage around the terminal.

Charlie

I know it will be busy since it is the Sunday after New Year so I realize that it will be even busier than usual. I did not know that there was curbside check in. We are flying Northwest do you know if they have curbside check in?

Don't know about Northwest but I would believe they have the service. (It is appropriate to tip when using the curbside service.)

The day we were in FLL it was 2 hours prior for inside check in and 4 hours for curbside. From the way that they explained it to us that day, it is done that way when they are extremely busy (which is whenever we're there:rolleyes: )

Charlie

Archived