4-21 Fantasy Photos!!!

mlpreston

We opted for Camp Carnival during the Gala Buffet display only because I KNOW my DS5 would not have been able to keep his hands off the buffet and would've been touching all of the food with dirty little fingers! My DD 7 mos was asleep anyways at Camp Carnival. The counsellors always looked forward to her coming.

LOVED your pictures. Thank you so much for sharing.

What ruin did you visit? We are going in July and cannot wait.

You have a beautiful family. Hope you enjoy many more cruised together!:)

We visited the Chacchoben ruins. They were wonderful and some of them can be climbed (most of the ruins we looked into Tulum, Kohulich, etc..) were all for looking only.) It made it so much more fun our DS 5, he wasn't bored unless we were listening to our guide speak. We booked our tour outside of Carnival because we saved more than $40 PP for the tour. It included the drive in an A/C'ed bus and bottled water. The guide was knowledgable and friendly. We returned about 3hrs before the ship was scheduled to leave port, so we had plenty of time for Tequila tasting and shopping in Costa Maya.

Try the Tequipal cream tequilas!! They have coffee, coconut, mango, strawberry and I think 4 other flavours of cream tequila! They're easily sipped too unlike others.

This was our first cruise and we loved it. NOLA was beautiful, we stayed one night prior to the cruise. Majority of the cruisers on our cruise were from Louisiana. We met some fabulous people and made some great friends abroad. If you haven't cruised the Fantasy you will thoroughly enjoy it.

Oh! And if anyone is cruising the Fantasy soon and gets Aniela as their head waitress in the Jubilee dining room; Please, please, please tell her that Noah misses her. My poor DS 5 is terribly heartbroken and is missing Aniela very much!

Who did you you use for the tour in Costa Maya? Pretty impressive if your 5 yo DS liked the ruins. Our group (My four DS and best friend of one son, plus another family with two kids, mid teens) all want to climb if possible.

We would love to go to Chacchoben, but CCl says it takes 7.5 hours which would leave us no time to eat or shop.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Who did you you use for the tour in Costa Maya? Pretty impressive if your 5 yo DS liked the ruins. Our group (My four DS and best friend of one son, plus another family with two kids, mid teens) all want to climb if possible.

We would love to go to Chacchoben, but CCl says it takes 7.5 hours which would leave us no time to eat or shop.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Not sure if I'm allowed to give the name of the tour group over Cruise critic, but email me and I will give you all the information - you can even book online. mlpreston@rogers.com

They will LOVE the climbing. The steps are very high and it is a big workout!!

2259319540100955074S425x425Q85.jpg You climb up ALL of these (there are more NOT photographed!) to get to this:

2522435280100955074S200x200Q85.jpg

And then go back down ANOTHER huge flight of steps to get back to level ground.

The drive to Chacchoben from Costa Maya is about 35 minutes each way and the tour is about 1.5 hrs.

Archived