How to Get From Ensenada to US

sallycruiser

We are thinking of a cruise on Norwegian Sun on Sept 29th from Honolulu to Ensenda.. The cruise line is not offering an airline package from our city.. We can get to Honolulu, but how do we get from Ensenada back to an airport in US..,. It looks like the closest airports are in Tijuana or San Diego, and they both look to be about 50 miles aways...How do you get from Enseneda to the airport?

Anyone have this problem before?

ive heard of people taking buses to san diego from ensenada.

but im not sure what busline or anything .. you might want to ask the cruiseline if they know anything about it ,

heres some info i found online

http://rosaritoensenada.com/subpage.asp?subpageid=38

http://www.baja-web.com/schedule.htm

http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/North_America/Mexico/Estado_de_Baja_California_Norte/Ensenada-950831/Transportation-Ensenada-BR-1.html

heres some links i found the 3rd one virtual tourist, someone states on there how they took the bus from ensenada to Tijuana, then got on greyhound to san diego,,

try to post this on the mexican riveria thread, you might get more responses..

take care

melissa

Your cruiseline is probably offering transfers from the pier to San Diego. We are going the other direction and Celebrity will bus us from the San Diego Airport to the pier. Be aware that the border crossing coming into the US can be hectic and time consuming. Plan your travel times accordingly. In 1998 we were on one of the first buses headed north about 9:30 am, got through Immigration with no problem, and still only got to the airport about 30 minutes before our 1 pm flight. I would imagine now things may be even slower. Heard afterward that buses following us had several folks missing their flights. We were fortunate that we did not have to take our luggage off the bus, many of those following had to get their luggage off the bus.

Should mention that we are not getting our air arrangements through Celebrity, because of that, we have to get on the last bus to Ensenada at 2 pm and we sail at 5. The bus transfer was arranged through our travel agent.

It is hard to imagine the ship's final destiny is Ensenada. The ship's usually leave or return to the US via Ensenada from Hawaii because of some registary, foreign port thing. Ship's can't go between CA and Hawaii without a stop in Ensenada. I'd recheck that itinerary.

It is hard to imagine the ship's final destiny is Ensenada. The ship's usually leave or return to the US via Ensenada from Hawaii because of some registary, foreign port thing. Ship's can't go between CA and Hawaii without a stop in Ensenada. I'd recheck that itinerary.

The Jones Act.

Yeah -- I forgot this too, but the one-way trips sail from/to Ensenada or Vancouver. Only the roundtrip cruises make the brief stop in Ensenada prior to docking in CA.

The Norwegian Sun is repositioning and after Hawaii to Ensenada in Sept '07 it will then sail from San Diego through the Canal. Even a passenger doing a

b2b cruise would still have to get off in Ensenada and get on again in San Diego. All this because of a law written back around 1874 called the Passenger Service Act.

Archived