Little Ones

mishawn

We're looking to take our 11, 5, and 10 month old on a cruise in June. What can I expect for the 10 month old. I'm hoping they a little camp for him, so he can make friends, have fun, and I can have a little break occassionally.

We've never been on a Carnival cruise, which is what I'm leaning towards, due to room capacity.

Most cruiselines don't have a camp for children under the age of 2. Carnival is 3, I believe. Disney has in-cabin babysitting, though. And, I THINK, Princess does, too. Many of the cruiselines will let you take your toddler into the children's area when it's not officially open, but you have to stay with him/her.

Camp Carnival starts at age 2. Here's what Carnival says about under-2s:

"Children under the age of 2 are not able to participate in all the regular programs we offer to the other age groups. We have designated times where children under 2 can participate in our Fun program. The following times are listed below:

Babysitting - From 10:00 pm - 3:00 am each evening of the cruise.

Port Days - From port arrival until 12:00 pm or if a late arrival then for the afternoon until 5:00 pm

Family Play Times - Sea days from 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm or 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm - check Camp Carnival Capers

Parents and their Under 2 child can come into the playroom and utilize the facilities that we have OR parents have the option of leaving their child under the supervision of a Youth Counselor, a babysitting fee applies to the second option.

The babysitting fee is $6.00 per hour and is charged to the guest's Sail & Sign Account. Please check the Camp Carnival Capers for specific days and times."

during the day most cruise lines do not offer any babysitting. At night some do- Carnival is not one of them.

Disney offers babysitting during the day for infants. The problem is that many kids- 1 to 2 years of age have horrible separation anxiety. I heard one child (about 20 months) crying his little head off in the nursery and I felt sorry for the other tots in there. I am beyond this now but I wouldn't have been happy with this situation. The nursery would not have been for me or my kids.

I do recommend Celebrity because they have incabin babysitting at night and you could leave try that out in the evenings. It is on a first come/ first serve basis but you would be able to go out at night when your child is sleeping anyway.

Archived