Inter-island flights... HELP!!!

teacherone

We'll be headed to Maui after our POH cruise for a few nights. Would a 12:55 flight from Honolulu airport be safe to make? We will be flying into Kahului in Maui. On the return, I'd like to take the 7:05 flight, but I guess we'll be safer taking a 5:55 one. Our flight from Honolulu back home leaves at 9:20.

Does my thinking seem ok as far as times? I'm looking at Aloha Air right now. Is one airline better than another, or are there any I should avoid considering?

Thanks!

I fly Hawaiian, Aloha, and I flew on Go once. I usually go by where I can get the best price. *smile* The one thing about Go was figuring out where to go to get the flights etc but I think they are more clearly marked now.

Going interisland doesn't require as much time as flying back to the mainland and it usually goes pretty fast but sometimes there is a bottleneck. I would think you would have no trouble at all with a 12:55 flight. We had a flight at 11:30, I think it was, to Kona and had no trouble at all and we got off the ship after 9:30 and closer to 10 I think.

I also think the 7:05 flight would be fine going back to Honolulu.

But that is just my humble opinion. *smile*

Emi

Kapalua West Maui Airport (JHM):

Executive Shuttle:

Airport Courtesy Phone: dial 55

Local: 808-669-2300

Toll free: 1-800-833-2303

SpeediShuttle:

No Courtesy Phone at Kapalua Airport.

877-521-2085

Rental Car: No rental car agencies at the Kapalua airport. However, airport courtesy phones are available for the following rental car companies: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Dollar, Enterprise, Hertz, National, and Thrifty. Shuttle service is provided by the rental car companies to their off airport property locations.

Hope that helps - looks like you'll have no trouble.

Emi

Archived