Radiance Steam and Sauna

lmurf

I'm planning on bringing a bathing suit and use the thermal suite on the Radiance next month, but travel companions not bringing one. If they change their minds and want to try it - does anyone know if you can go in shorts or sweats just to sit on the loungers?

Sure -- ratty old shorts would even do for the steam and sauna. In fact, why not hop in the shower in shorts too? No prob. After the Thermal suite, companion could go to the appropriate changing room for a real shower.

Have a GREAT cruise!

You know, as I was reading this, I was thinking, gee, my husband and I can really save some money on this cruise--FREE SAUNA!!! :D Sometimes, being gay DOES pay off!!! :p

Sorry, I think the thermal suites are worth the money for the romance alone of the "tropical mist" shower. You can get the couple rate which I thought was very reasonable. BTW, if I can get my "I still get my hair cut for $7 at the BX" to enjoy it, yours should be a snap.;)

Bert,

Are you going to be on the Radiance in July (Alaska)? Maybe we could meet in the sauna/steam?

Sorry, we will be on Explorer of the Seas. My stupid countdown thingy only worked like 10% of the time so I have a new one now. :) Alaska looks beautiful, but I was born and raised here in Atlanta and I do NOT do well with cold weather! ;)

So..ratty old shorts will work for the thermal suite (co-ed), but nothing is required in men's only area. Good advice.

Yep, men can wear nothing in the men's only area.

HMMMM ... come to think of it, I guess women could do ... who would object and report them???????

>:-)

BEJW,

I'd say the least crowded times are in the afternoons when the ship is in dock.

But,...I've never gone and not been able to get in. Never more than 3-7 guys in there at a time.

Sorry, we will be on Explorer of the Seas. My stupid countdown thingy only worked like 10% of the time so I have a new one now. :) Alaska looks beautiful, but I was born and raised here in Atlanta and I do NOT do well with cold weather! ;)

Bert - You really should do Alaska. My partner and I are from South Florida and we absolutely loved Alaska. We went the last week of July a couple years ago and the weather was perfect. I can't wait to go again.

Hi Lmurf & Richard,

I'm doing the Serenade to Alaska in 2008. I sailed Alaska the first season RCI sent the Legend of the Seas (first Vision-class ship to sail Alaska) in 1995. To this day, it's my all-time favorite cruise.

But guess what....back then, I hadn't discovered the steam/sauna facilities, so never once visited them, LOL. I could kick myself, haha.

Anyway, my preference of steam/sauna set-up is on the Voyager & Freedom-class ships...much larger & private :cool: .

I was disappointed that the renovations on the Monarch & Sovereign had the steam/sauna facilities removed, but I've read that for the Majesty renovation, RCI kept a small steam room in each of the locker rooms; no sauna though. I'm sailing a 3-nighter on the Majesty at the end of June and looking forward to spending a good chunk of time takin'-some-steam ;) !

Wish we were all the same cruise someday...fun times to be had, I'm sure.

;)

Bon voyage, guys!