MSC Lirica

sja307

So did we. Looking forward to see your experience.

We did the 11 night Panama/Caribbean cruise.... note not to the Panama Canal. I spoke with two couple who thought that was where we were going and one GOT OFF THE SHIP before we left FLL.

Our cruise was just great. Boarding was exellent at NOON and we were off the ship by 9am for our drive to Tampa.

Food was average, not usual very warm. Steak on the night it was one of the choices it was pretty good but not when it's a "always can have item". Lobster had no flavor but it was firm and size was a medium whole.

As usual the desserts could have been a little more fancy selection. The hot lava cake was hardly luke warm.

Entertainment was average.

San Blas Island a neat stop.

Marge

• 1 month later...
Just returned from an 11 night cruise on MSC Lirica, we had a great time, my review should be posted soon.

Sue x:)

Thanks for posting your positive but objective review. As noted in my June 15th post on the MSC Food Menu Thread, I have just booked my first MSC cruise (Lirica, FLL-Rotterdam, March-April '08) and had been a little hesitant after reading some of the "never again MSC" posts. However, when living in Italy, I often heard similar comments from American tourists expecting Italy to be an Italian America, so tended to discount the more derogatory comments.

Question: despite the fact that many Americans have travelled extensively outside the USA, are we are we still a nation of Xenophobes? I hope not, but I'm afraid we have a long way to go in accepting the fact that when we leave the USA, in the immortal words of Dorothy "we're not in Kansas anymore!"

• 1 month later...
Sue;

Look forward to your review. I am going on the Lirica on the 4th of Dec 07. It will be my 23rd cruise. We are in a balcony stateroom 12003. It should e a 'fun trip'!

Crewperson

My husband and I are also travelling on Dec. 4th, on the Lirica. We also booked a suite which is a first for us. We used to do a lot of cruising in the past but other than a Mediterran cruise a few years back it has been awhile. It will be great to give it a try again.

Archived