Cruise Weddings

mlpreston

Now that I am hooked on cruising, I am trying to convince my fiance of the idea of a cruise wedding. I have been looking at the Carnival Valor as I really, really like the itinerary. I think I would prefer to marry off the ship though maybe somewhere in Belize. If we decide to do it, do we do it sort of like a group cruise? Would we get a group cruise discount/OBC? I would easily be expecting about 45-50 people to cruise with us for our wedding.

How would I go about all of this? There is so much I wouldn't know where to start!!

Any help is appreciated!!!

We did a wedding cruise. I would get a hold of a good TA. We had a group of about 34. We receive 2 free cruises. Not including taxes and port charges. Also obc of $120.00 per person because of price reduction.

However our bride and groom were married on the ship. So I know nothing about port weddings.

Also in the beginning everyone will want to go. But when it comes down to the end it will probabley be about half LOL!

I really can't stress enough to get a good TA. Ours was wonderful. And it was alot of work for her.......

mlpreston,

Check with the laws of your state before you decide to get married in another country. There was a post in this forum several weeks ago. Apparently some states do not recognize marriages from other countries.

Now that I am hooked on cruising, I am trying to convince my fiance of the idea of a cruise wedding. I have been looking at the Carnival Valor as I really, really like the itinerary. I think I would prefer to marry off the ship though maybe somewhere in Belize. If we decide to do it, do we do it sort of like a group cruise? Would we get a group cruise discount/OBC? I would easily be expecting about 45-50 people to cruise with us for our wedding.

How would I go about all of this? There is so much I wouldn't know where to start!!

Any help is appreciated!!!

An option that you hadn't mentioned, but might want to consider, is getting married at the port of embarkation. This would allow people to attend the wedding, who can't afford to cruise. It would also dismiss any questions about whether the marriage is legal.

I just got back from my wedding cruise. We got married on the Carnival Glory on embarkation day. I wouldn't change a thing. I will post my review of the cruise and the wedding in the next few days as soon as I get caught up on things.

Congrats Narina!

As for just having people come to the wedding on embarkation day, I don't think any of them would fly from Canada to spend a couple of hours watching us get married and then fly home. - If we lived closer to a port that would be a fabulous idea! Thanks anyways!

My DF (thats for dumb or d*mn fiance today) is not agreeing with the cruise/wedding abroad. He's traditional. I want sun, sand, crystal waters and exotic flowers! I know though if we have a wedding here the cost will be tremendous and we won't be able to afford a honeymoon. I figure, kill two birds with one stone. If no one wants to come - fine. We'll have a reception when we get home. Otherwise, I'll go myself and leave him at the alter with his cold, non-sunny, non-crystal Canadian beach. ;)

I'm cold.. Call me Bridezilla. I like the fact with a destination wedding there are a thousand minor details I will no longer have to plan and worry about.

Archived