Balcony Question

thelland

This will be our first balcony cabin. I assume that the "outside wall/railing" of the balcony is clear so that when you are sitting on your balcony you can still see and are not obstructed by the railing.

I haven't been on a Carnival balcony YET.....I will be on a Carnival balcony in approximately 27 days :D . Don't they have steel rails and spindles and you can look through that?? That is how it is on RCCL.......the Grandeur at least...

On the Legend it was a clear smoky colored glass but you could definitely see through it. I'm attaching a picture of it.....it just shows a portion of the glass but you can definitely see the ocean through it. Just look at the bottom left hand corner of the picture.

530953012_viewfromourbalconyonemorning.jpg.34c8ff20ecb197a6af2ffde339d8fb6a.jpg

This will be our first balcony cabin. I assume that the "outside wall/railing" of the balcony is clear so that when you are sitting on your balcony you can still see and are not obstructed by the railing.

Congratulations...You will be joining the Balcony snobs soon :) Balconies vary so much from ship to ship? Which ship will you be on? I bet you are excited for your first one!!

Yes I am happy to join the balcony snobs. I have always admired all of you and now I get to be one. We are on the Conquest, so if anyone knows how the balcony "wall" is on the Conquest I would love to know. Thanks

plexi glass on the triumph

Glad to hear the balcony is plexi glass. This will be our first balcony in Sept. I can't wait. It doesn't matter if it's tinted or not, it's a balcony. YEAH!

Thank you so much for that picture! Is the Conquest the same as far as shape and pacement of aft balconies as the Destiny and Victory? The shapes of the wraparounds look almost identical to the deck plans for the other ships... our first balcony cruise is in June on Victory Deck 8 aft, and first wraparound is on Destiny in September on Deck 6, so I was wondering how accurate of a comparison these would be.

I know Iread something about bungy cords and magnets concerning balconies but I cant remember what. Please fill in the blanks.

The bungee cord is to keep the balcony door from automatically closing.

This is a must imo...nothing better than ocean breezes/sounds filling the cabin.

The magnet was to keep the ac from turning off w/ the door bungeed open ...not sure how that works..never tried it.

Once you do a balcony you will never go inside cabin again.

That's what I hear. On previous cruises we had OV cabins, but decided to go with a balcony since it's just my DH & myself.

The magnet tricks the AC into thinking the door is closed. I've never done it cause it's too dang hot with the door standing open. I do, however, like the balcony door open on Alaska cruises, and don't even worry about leaving the AC on. :rolleyes:

The magnet tricks the AC into thinking the door is closed. I've never done it cause it's too dang hot with the door standing open. I do, however, like the balcony door open on Alaska cruises, and don't even worry about leaving the AC on. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know what you need to do with the magnet to make the AC stay on? I'm really curious about how this works.

Archived