For those who've been there.....

edan

WOW! It's been almost FOUR YEARS since I have been on these boards! OMG!

Can't believe the new set up! Anyway, back to business.

My family of 6 are going on the Wonder May 30th(four days at the Polynesian, 3 days on the Wonder)

We have reserved a room at the Atlantis for the day in Nassau. We have been to Nassau numerous times and we have stayed at the Atlantis as well, so we are very familar with the territory. What I need to make sure of is that when we arrive at the Atlantis that morning, we will be allowed to check in without problem, even though our room will not be available til sometime that afternoon. Most hotels are this way, but I would like to see if anyone else has done this before and if it went smoothly. We tried to book next door, but all rooms were taken and they required a min. 2 night booking.

Also, has anyone ever stayed in a cabin with the navigators verandah? We always have had a normal open balcony on our other cruises, but this is the first time with the kids (they have an adjoining cabin next door) and this option felt a bit safer. I just wondered if it made the room feel dark and closed in.

Thanks so much!!

Carla and gang

Disney Wonder May 30th 2007

One more question.

We have 6 in our party and booked the room at the Atlantis thru Expedia. Of course we booked 2 adults and 1 child as was cheaper.

We didn't want to take a chance on a "day rate" room as they might not be available that time of year so we went ahead and paid to reserve the room in advance.

Will the Atlantis be a stickler for the 6 of us showing up for one room? Since we are only there for a day and not staying all night I didn't think this would be a big deal, but I didn't really want to parade my 4 children across the lobby to the front dest for check in if this is an issue.

If someone could let me know how the Atlantis handles this, that would be great!

Carla

Disney Wonder 2007

Carnival Paradise 2005

Carnival Jubilee 2004

Carnival Facination 2003

RCI Grandeur 1999

Carnival Celebration 1998

We L-O-V-E the Navigator's Veranda, even over the regular veranda. It's so comfy and cozy, yet very open with that huge open porthole. Light getting into your stateroom is not a problem, I promise. It's also nice because it's much less windy than a regular balcony, and the padded bench and nautical decor are nice touches too.

I think you'll be very pleased. :)

-gina-

Archived