Balcony Cabins on Radiance of the Seas

Hi all, I'm sailing to Alaska in July 05 and and planning on booking a balcony cabin on ROS. We want to book an E3 balcony and have been given these choices:

Deck Seven: 7602, 7600, 7604, 7606, 7596 and 7590

Deck Eight: 8600

Would be grateful if anyone could advise if any of the above cabins are obstructed view ones? I actually just decided to go from an inside stateroom to a balcony and would feel bummed if my balcony didn't give me any view. Also, which in your opinion is the best room to take?

Thanks!

Wow, with the exception of 7590 (which is close but not really there) those are all "Hump" rooms which are my favorite... Here is my opinion and my reasoning. Stay to the center of the Hump (rooms 7600/7602/7604) and here is why. The way deck 7 is set up, with the exception of the "hump rooms" the other rooms have an obstructed view of the water. There is a "roof" persay that sits over the lifeboats. On deck 7 you could literally (although I highly suggest not trying it) step over the balcony and stand on the roof (drunk man on our sailing proved this to be a very easy feet). The rooms are literally right on the "roof" so you have no view down to the water (you look down at the roof top) but you can see out to the horizon. Because of the way the rooms you are looking at are "bumped" out on the side, they are not obstructed by the "roof" top. Great location in my opinion.

From what I remember the only obstructed view was if you stood up and wanted to look straight down. If you are sitting on the balcony, and looking out over the ocean, there are not any obstructed views that I recall

I'm leaving for Med cruise on the Brilliance on 8/18. We're booked in 7602, and would be happy to report back to you when we get back if you shoot me an email. We return on 8/30 though, so I don't know if that's too far away. Most of those cabins will still be available then though, so our opinions may still be valuable. I plan on taking pics of the cabin, and can post them on my photo site at http://www.pbase.com/rcullen

We are looking t the Radiance in January, 2005 and wonder if any of the balconies on the 8th floor are obstructed. Most of the rooms available on the 8th floor are mid-ship but not on the hump. Thanks for any help!

Archived