Help w/San Juan ...What to do?

luvwater

What hours will you be in San Juan? My first impression of this port was that it sure wasn't like home! And that's why we came, to see something different. If you're there early enough, you can browse through the Old City which isn't that. Walk the cobblestone streets, shop, see the forts, the Cathedral and notice the architecture. Get a good guide book with a walking tour map in it and plan from there. :)

We had no plans when we went to San Juan last year. Got a cab to do some shopping and then walked back down to the ship. The cobblestone streets are very nice. On our way down we found a horse and buggy ride. (if you come off the ship it's to your left and down about 1/4 mile.) They took us passed the ship and all around Old San Juan. It was very nice and we saw alot of historic sites. If your into that kind of thing, it was worth the money. And if I remember correctly, it was very reasonable.

I really loved San Juan! I flew there, so had some extra time both before and after the cruise. Went to Old San Juan, and found it charming, and yes, the architecture was amazing. The shopkeepers were so kind and helpful, not pushy at all. Went to Fort El Moro and enjoyed the view more than the fort itself, but it was interesting. Stopped at one of the open-air restaurants and had great PR coffee and those wonderful fried pastries. Hope you have a happy anniversary in San Juan!:) (I'm sure if you go to any San Juan website, you'll find many things that will interest you.)

I have been considering cruising out of San Juan but I have heard that the majority of guests speak Spanish. If I was fortunate enough to speak a second language, that would be no problem for me.... But I am stuck with English. :-/ I just want to be sure it would be like any other cruise and I would have people to talk with and hang out with. Have I been misinformed? Thank you for any help you can give.

- Terri

When we last cruised out of San Juan there were some Spanish speaking guests aboard. They discount the cruises to the Puerto Ricans just like they do to those who live near Florida's ports. We found a mix of both English and Spanish on board and since my Spanish is pretty rusty, we stuck with those that spoke English fluently.

Archived