Rhapsody of The Seas to Alaska???

Has anyone been on the Rhapsody going to Alaska yet. I did not know she went to Alaska but I have been looking for May of 2008 and there she is..I have been on her 2 times from the caribbean and loved her. I hope someone has some info on this because you can never plan to early. Thanks in advance for any help, Happy Crusin to all. Sharon

Actually if you "Google" Rhapsody of the Seas Alaska, you'll find some reviews written by people in the late '90s who took the Rhapsody to Alaska. Think she did the route before Radiance and Serenade came along...

Actually if you "Google" Rhapsody of the Seas Alaska, you'll find some reviews written by people in the late '90s who took the Rhapsody to Alaska. Think she did the route before Radiance and Serenade came along...

Yes, the Rhapsody did Alaska before she came to Galveston. I'm not sure of the year, but my sister sailed on her to Alaska around that time.

I have sailed on the Rhapsody to Alaska in 1998. It was my first out of 4 cruises I've sailed on her. If I remember correctly, it was her inaugural year and she sailed out of Vancouver doing the normal Ketchican , Juneau and Skagway route. Oh.....she also stopped at Haines for a 1/2 day as well! It was a fun cruise with many wonderful memories. I'm sorry to see her leave Galveston. I wish they would've kept her here even if to do 4/5 day cruises with the Voyagers 7 day ones. She's a wonderful ship with a great crew!

• 3 weeks later...

I heard that the JS as well as the GS on the Rhapsody and Vision OTS are smaller than the normal JS and GS on the other ships, is that so?

Someone said the JS are like a D1 and the GS is small like a JS.

Do they offer the Concierge Lounge on these 2 ships if you book a GS?

Does anybody know about the corner aft JS 8588 or the GS 8516(starboard side) or do you have any pics I could see?

Thanks

Deluxe Ocean view on Voyager - comparable category to D1 on Rhapsody

173 sq. ft., balcony 47 sq. ft.

Grand Suite on Voyager

381 sq. ft., balcony 95 sq. ft.

D1 on Rhapsody

195 sq. ft., balcony 41 sq. ft

Grand Suite on Rhapsody

355 sq. ft., balcony 116 sq. ft

Not sure which ship you are referring to but Rhapsody cabins are not smaller. Maybe a little but if you notice the balcony on GS on Rhapsody is bigger than the one on Voyager, while the D1 balcony is a little smaller the cabin on Rhapsody is bigger.

The other balcony category on Voyager is not much larger, about 7 sq ft.

202 sq. ft., balcony 50 sq. ft.

I checked Brilliance and it was close to same..

As of right now there is no Concierge lounge on Rhapsody but that is subject to change. I read they are going to be changing more things later this year.

Was our first cruise on Rhapsody and first fell in love with her. Have been on her several times out of Galveston and will be on her 8-26. Wonderful ship. Would re-do Alaska on her but we already have 3 booked for 08 so will have to wait until 09 to see what's up then. Have read she may be in New Orleans then or maybe back in Alaska for the season (I'm hoping so since would like to do Alaska again and would love it on Rhapsody).

Archived