Rome in August

Hello,

I will go in Rome this August. This is my first trip in this beautiful city so can you give me a suggestions about the sites that I must see. I will stay in Rome only 4 days.:confused:

Thank you very much.

Take a look of Frommer's Guide to Rome:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations/rome/64_indattr.html

Sites marked with 3 stars are the "must sees".

I have some additional advices for August visitors:

• It will be hot especially in the afternoon. Try to visit sites that do not have a lot of shades such as the Colosseum and Roman Forum in the morning.
  • Expect long lines at Vatican Museums and the Colosseum (another reason to go early in the morning). Make sure you have your shoulders and knees properly covered at St. Peter's Basilica.

Enjoy your trip. You will be able to see a lot in 4 days.

It probably will be a good idea to check times for the attractions you're most interested in visiting to be sure they will be open. August will be very hot in Rome and therefore a lot of the population goes to the beach or to the mountains to escape the heat. You'll want to make sure the places you want to see are open. That way you can plan accordingly.

Mary

All the sites and sights will be open in August as it is high season so seeing eveything will not be a problem.Just know as the other poster said it will be very HOT.Get a good guidebook from the library and do some reading as well as Google Rome and then do a search on this board as there is a lot of inof as to seeing sights,day trips,how to get around etc.

Unless you want to leave Rome, you don't need car and driver. I did all my sightseeing using Metro and by walking. They also have Hop-On-Hop-Off buses, if you are interested.

Unless you want to leave Rome, you don't need car and driver. I did all my sightseeing using Metro and by walking. They also have Hop-On-Hop-Off buses, if you are interested.

I agree with the above...you do not need a car and driver in Rome.A good map,good walking shoes are all you need.The HOHO is a great way to see the sights and a lot of them are in walking didtance of each other.Great places to stop and have wine or coffee and just take in the ambience of the city.Enjoy.

Well I'll try again. For some reason my question did not post. I was wondering what the tempetures were like in late October or early November. Cool or Cold? Also I was wondering what the return crossing temps would be like. Will I need a swim suit?

Temps should be cool' date='but with the weather the way it has been all over who knows.Here is a link that may be of help..I assume you are doing a TA..if so and they don't have an indoor pool I am guessing you will not need a bathingsuit:D [/color']

Weatherbase

Archived