Rum Point Vs. 7 Mile beach

twobytwo

Depends which way the wind is blowing. Rum Point tends to be much more sheltered than SMB but then the wind usually comes from the East making SMB very calm as well. If the seas are up then Rum Point is definitely the better of the two.

We had a private van and driver last week in GC. We went to Rum Point which is an hours drive. We were very happy it is shaded, beautiful relaxing and quite quiet the day we were ther with lots of sandy spots. Our driver said he comes there because ther is little shade left at SMB after the hurricanes... I vote for RUm Point..... we got back in plenty of time to shop and return to the ship....

I can't compare the two because I've only been to Rum Point Beach, but wanted to throw in my 2 cents about it. RPB is GORGEOUS!! It is one of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen and it looks like a postcard. The water is very shallow (and calm) quite a ways out into the ocean. When we were there lots of people had children there and they were having a blast.

Archived