Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

I read that they were very bad!

I get started when you get finished on the 17th. Tell them to get the bars stocked because the group of 10 I am bringing drink like a group of 50.

We only went to the piano bar once for the name that tune game, the brunette was pretty good and very bubbly.

The food on the Legend is ok, nothing to brag about. The Truffles dining room has MUCH better food than the Golden Fleece supper club, you're paying $30pp for them to unfold the napkin and place it in your lap for you. That being said, it wasn't the worst food I've ever had, the desserts are the best part of any of the meals, can't go wrong with chocolate!!

Grand Cayman- We did the Atlantis submarine excursion thru Carnival, it was great and we then ventured off down a street and discovered the public transit buses, $2.00 pp to anywhere and they were always nearby to bring you back. Went to the turtle farm and "Hell", it was an ok day, but it gets better!

Belize excursions- Go with Cave-tubing.com and get Yhony or Jimmy for a guide, Jimmy was our guide and he was great! They give you more of an adventure for half the price of the ship excursion, and ALWAYS get you back in time for getting on the ship. Jimmy, we did find the Cashew wine at the flea market for $6.00, thanks for the shopping tip!!

Cozumel excursions- Mayan ruins of Tulum is a must see, go with the ship tour on this one, its an all-dayer but if you're tour is late getting back the ship will ONLY wait for ship excursions.. Manuel was our guide, he was awesome and the ruins are unbelievable...I'd go back again tomorrow.

Roatan Island was our favorite port, booked zip-lining with Pirates of the Caribbean at the stand right out of the gates on the dock. Highest line anywhere and an amazing adventure, It was the highlight of our cruise. Alvin was our driver on the Island, they hooked us up with him at the zipline booth. He also brought us back to dock, let us change to swimwear and then took us to a private $5.00pp beach with a free drink and unlimited beach time. It was great, not crowded at all and he stayed with us during all excursions and brought us safely back. Very trustworthy and a lot of fun to talk with... Thanks Alvin for a great day from your chipmunks, Simon & Theodore, LOL

let us change to swimwear and then took us to a private $5.00pp beach with a free drink and unlimited beach time. It was great, not crowded at all

What resort's beach was it that you were at?

Did they also give you beach chairs/chaise lounges to use?

Did they have a pool, restrooms and lockers available?

They had Cornhole when I was on the Legend last January. Don't know if they still have it, but I don't see why they would get rid of it. :)

(I didn't play, but I recall people saying they got "Cornholed" by Guster -- one of the bands on Ships & Dip -- and it took me a LONG time to figure out what the heck they meant! LOL)

has anyone every book a balcony guarantee and received a cat 7 obstructed view?

I was fortunate enough to get a special where I booked an 8A and got 8 free upgrades to an 8H. You may also want to search and/or post this question on the general Carnival Cruise lines thread...lots more info on that one! Good luck!:)

My PVP told me a BL guarantee is 8A or better. An obstructed balcony is 7A so the answer to your question is no.

I am interested in a May 2008 sailing. 6A cat is booked, so I am having a hard time deciding on an OBV (still available) or a BL. The price difference is not huge - I'm wondering if this is a gamble that may pay off give that room assigments for 6A are no longer available.... obviously I'd prefer the balcony but would be happy anywhere on the ship!

If I told people I was playing "cornhole" they would call me a very improper name. I don't know how I would feel to lose at cornhole. lol Maybe it would feel good!!! Ouch, really you are obsessed with knowing if they have this game on board??? Isn't there anything else you want to do on your cruise? "cornhole" seriously, I know it is Friday night and I am drunk, but "cornhole"???? and you are worried about where and when it is going to be played! *****!? Wow, G A L !!!

dave

Somebody told me that there are always some theme parties on board. Anyone know if this is true and if so what is the theme?

The only theme party I heard about was the bathrobe party by the main pool...about halfway through the cruise. Everyone wears their bathrobe, band plays, people drink and dance. They also do a nice mini buffet with fruits, cheeses, etc right there. We went for a couple of hours and had relaxed enough that we were ready to be part of a nutty party. But I think the band they had at the time was really not a good party band. They were good as a poolside band, playing island music and all, but they didn't give that PARTY message. We ended up leaving (had an early excursion the next morning)...but we did hear that the party livened up later. So I guess, given enough time and booze, the partiers overcame the blandness of the band!:eek: :D

Have fun!!!!!!!!

Somebody told me that there are always some theme parties on board. Anyone know if this is true and if so what is the theme?

They used to have a beer and bathrobe party on the Lido deck. I've read that it's been changed to a Luau party.

They used to have a beer and bathrobe party on the Lido deck. I've read that it's been changed to a Luau party.

OK, that's new since we went in Nov then! Hope they also found a more party-inspiring band! When we went on the Celebration a couple of years ago, the band really got the crowd fired up. The band on the Legend in Nov didn't have the right music or the charisma to do that. The people seemed to get more fired up when the band took a break and they just did DJ music!:eek:

And although the bathrobes were a unique idea, I wasn't wearing that thick bathrobe when I was already warm! Didn't do much for all the ladies who brought slinky sexy nite attire, either! LOL!:D