Legend only Questions! Post 'em Here!

Cleavis

Oh, to be young again. So we could kick their noisy butts. ;)

I actually talked to them in the hallway and on the balcony (around the divider) a couple times and they were not rude or anything. They were just having a lot of fun.

FYI, I am about twice their size too...... probably helped their "attitude" a little when I jokingly asked if anyone had died in their room.......yet. :rolleyes:

Just got off the Legend a few days ago. Any questions, fire away. I'll try to work up a review soon.

did any of your kids attend circle C ? If so, what type of activities did they have and did your kids enjoy it?

thanks...my kids keep asking about "circle C"

Hi all!

Thanks for this great thread :D

When should I expect to get our room assignment? We're sailing 6/1 and just made the final payment this week. We booked a balcony gt and it'd be great if we got an upgrade, but I just want to know where we are.

thanks!

Hi all!

When should I expect to get our room assignment? We're sailing 6/1 and just made the final payment this week. We booked a balcony gt and it'd be great if we got an upgrade, but I just want to know where we are.

thanks!

We have a BL as well and got our room assignment at about 47 days out. A very nice upgrade to an 8F from the 8A.

Hi all!

thanks!

Nikki,

we booked a gt room via ***** on saturday. got my son's room assignment on monday, ours last night.

we got an upgrade-we're not on the main level, we're on the upper level, cat. 8b-...my boys are still at the very BOTTOM of the boat LOL

you will probably hear within the week, i would assume. we had to pay in full when we booked the trip bcz we only just planned it this week-and payment is due 75 days out. we booked 70 days out...

Can someone tell me the difference between an 8A and an 8F? I really don't understand it! TIA!

The number stands for the type of room, and the letter is for the floor - kind of. On the Legend, the number 8 is for a balcony room. Letters A, B, D, F, and H are standard balconies, going from the lowest floor with balcony cabins (Main) to the highest (Panorama). Letters C, E, G, and I are extended balconies, starting on the Upper deck and going up to Panorama.

That is true. We had two aft cabins, one a suite on the corner, 8273 and the one next to it, 8275. We had the balcony divider removed between cabins on the first day to make a extra large balcony that took up almost half of the back of the ship. With 8273, you also get two chaise lounge chairs (great for sunning and lounging) as well as a number of regular chairs. 8275 you just got two chairs. Kind of upright and not good for sunning and relaxing.

To a previous post...With the aft cabins, you can't really see anything on the balcony below. Only if the person is right up against the railing, can you see them.

We have this same room on the Legend for June 1-8! Did the ship ever dock at any port, and if so, did the ship back in? (I know some ports can be either tendered or dock, depending on how many ships there are, sea conditions, etc).

Just wondering about the quality of the food on the Legend. Any recommendations? Is there a lobster night? :)

We never had any issues with the food on the Legend.. I believe Lobster is served the 1st formal night.. If you order something and you do not like order something else.. the servers will be happy to bring it to you... also.. try the supper club ..

The number stands for the type of room, and the letter is for the floor - kind of. On the Legend, the number 8 is for a balcony room. Letters A, B, D, F, and H are standard balconies, going from the lowest floor with balcony cabins (Main) to the highest (Panorama). Letters C, E, G, and I are extended balconies, starting on the Upper deck and going up to Panorama.

Thanks you guys - I appreciate the schoolin'! :D

We have this same room on the Legend for June 1-8! Did the ship ever dock at any port, and if so, did the ship back in? (I know some ports can be either tendered or dock, depending on how many ships there are, sea conditions, etc).

The Legend docked in Cozumel and Roatan and used tenders in Grand Cayman and Belize.

Tendering went well and very painless in both port they were used. Long line to get back on in Cayman but no problems!

Just wondering about the quality of the food on the Legend. Any recommendations? Is there a lobster night? :)

Got off the Legend a week ago. There is a lobster night, but the tail is small, so the waiter suggests a surf and turf. That was a good idea, however....

I was very disappointed with the quality of most of the meats in the dining room. The steaks and filet mignon were not very good. Prime Rib was actually pretty good, but that's about it. All other dishes were OK. The 20 year decline in the quality of food on the mass market cruise lines continues. Sigh.

I tried to search first, but it is down at the moment. How early can you get on the Legend? We just sailed the Glory and we were on board by 1100. Trying to coordinate our group for a meeting time to travel over to board her!

Got off the Legend a week ago. There is a lobster night, but the tail is small, so the waiter suggests a surf and turf. That was a good idea, however....

I was very disappointed with the quality of most of the meats in the dining room. The steaks and filet mignon were not very good. Prime Rib was actually pretty good, but that's about it. All other dishes were OK. The 20 year decline in the quality of food on the mass market cruise lines continues. Sigh.

We were on the Legend first week of March, and I have to agree with the above. Our lobster wasn't bad at all, but most of the meals were nothing special. Appetizers and desserts were usually the best part of the meal.

By all means do go to the Golden Fleece at least once, food and service here was absolutely FANTASTIC.

I tried to search first, but it is down at the moment. How early can you get on the Legend? We just sailed the Glory and we were on board by 1100. Trying to coordinate our group for a meeting time to travel over to board her!

We got to the port around 10:30, checked in and we were allowed on the ship at around 11:30. Lunch on the Lido deck was already in full swing!

We were allowed in our rooms at about 1:30.

The entire process went very smoothly!

My husband and I are booked on the Legend 8/24/08, This will be my first time on Carnival. I was wondering if anyone was familiar with cabin 5193, it's a balcony on the main deck (I think). Also I was planning on taking the cave tubing excursion with Major Tom in Belize, I understand that we don't dock and are tendered in , If I make my own plans and not the cruise's excursion, how do I make sure that we get off the ship in time? I've been on 2 other cruises but never had to tender. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Hi,

We were assigned 5195. I do know they are right near the elevators and stairs....something i am rather anxious about!

Hi,

Thinking of reserving a table at the supper club for the second formal night. The 18 year old wants to make sure we don't miss the lobster in the main dining room (i am pretty sure it is on the menu in the supper club, so this means he'd get it twice LOL).

any help with menus, formal nights, etc?

Thanks!

laurie (with boys with food on the brains!):D

Lobster night is generally the first formal night, which is the night of the first day at sea. So Monday night if that helps you. The Supper Club also has lobster tail on its menu, I'm not sure how it differs in quality from the main dining room lobster though.

Lobster night is generally the first formal night, which is the night of the first day at sea. So Monday night if that helps you. The Supper Club also has lobster tail on its menu, I'm not sure how it differs in quality from the main dining room lobster though.

We knew they had lobster in the supper club...this boy is just trying to find a way to have lobster for dinner multiple nights! :D

Thanks! What night is the second formal night? That is probably the night we will book the supper club.

Thanks again-

laurie

We knew they had lobster in the supper club...this boy is just trying to find a way to have lobster for dinner multiple nights! :D

Thanks! What night is the second formal night? That is probably the night we will book the supper club.

Thanks again-

laurie

Umm, about that I'm not sure (I'll know in about 27 days). Recent capers seem to indicate the night we leave Roatan though, Friday night?