Oslo Souvenir Information

Hello.

I am planning to take a Northern Europe cruise this summer; one of the first stops is Oslo, Norway. I'm interested in buying a Norwegian wool sweater and I would like to know where I could buy something like this in Oslo, preferably not too far from the cruise terminal. Also, what price range should I be expecting? Thanks.

The difference between 80 and 200 is the $80 is most likely machine made. There is no way you will buy a handmade adult sweater in a store for under $100. Look at the label. the cheapest ones I saw were in the Oslo Airport duty free shop.

Hello KevinH100: When we were in Oslo 6/2005, we looked in a few shops for a handmade sweater for my daughter...yes, they're quite pricy!..Actually, the ones we liked were in excess of $200. We found a couple of beautiful sweaters for about $180 each in one of the shops right on the dock, next to the ship (best prices and best selection). Also, as I remember reading in Rick Steves Scandanavia book (2005), there is a sweater outlet in town; you might want to check that out too. And..as a previous poster remarked...do check the labels to be sure that its handmade.

K

Archived