getting from the San Diego airport to the ship docks

cruiserstyle

We did not purchase the transfers from the cruise line. Any suggestions on getting to the ship docks from the airport ? Approx cast by taxi ? Do's and don'ts ? I assume once we arrive, there is a certain place to go with our luggage to get it on board. ( princess cruise lines) Thank you for your info. . . . .

The airport and cruise terminals are fairly close together... so taking a taxi in no big deal at all. You may even have time to stroll along the water front after you get to the ship terminal... I would NOT suggest walking from the airport to the ship terminal, although you could... YOU on vacation.. so enjoy it.

The cost of the taxi, I am guessing shouldn't be more then $20.. think more in the line of $15, although, living in San Diego, I have never taken a taxi here.

We paid about $10-$12 for the 10 minute taxi ride from the airport to the cruise ship terminal. It's a fairly straight forward proceedure, just follow the signs to the overhead walkway that leads to the taxi waiting area.

If you fly in the same day you leave, sit on the left side of the plane. That way you get to see your ship as you land (if it's there).

Have fun.

Archived